Britax parkway pre2013 vs post2013

autumnlily

I know a pic thread has to exist but I'm not finding it/them.
I'm curious how much wider the post 2013 sides are compared to the older version. I really like the pewter dots and and am hoping its narrower in the shoulders. I have the cub pink 2013 and love it... Just have a narrow spot I'm looking for.

ADS

E&A0607

I have one of each but they aren't both at my house at the moment. If no one responds with pictures by the morning I will post some when both seats are here :)

autumnlily

I have one of each but they aren't both at my house at the moment. If no one responds with pictures by the morning I will post some when both seats are here :)

Thanks!

I don't necessarily need pics. Do you find the shoulders more narrow on the pre 2013 model?

Athena

I'm in the midst of trying to compare them myself and trying to decide whether to keep the 2013. The 2012 isn't here right now, but I can measure the shoulder width on both tonight. I can tell you the 2012 is a lot less intrusive, even if it were the same width. The sides are smaller and don't extend as high. I like the protection of the new one, but the old one could be better for fitting someone next to it and them not feeling as claustrophobic.

On the surface, they look so similar, but the details are more different than I'd realized, based on what I'd read and been told by Britax when I called to ask specific questions. For example, I find the new shoulder belt guides to face more to the side, so it might have solved our challenge at that time, contrary to what the Britax rep told me leading me to not buy that seat. Also, they told me the width is the same. Yet when I tried the 2013 in the car/position in which the 2012 is very tight to buckle to the point of being difficult for an adult and impossible for a kid (because it's too wide at the rear against the buckle), the 2013 took no effort to buckle and I'm sure a kid could easily do it themselves. I didn't ask the rep about the width overall, but was very specific about the situation. Their reps are sure doing a good job of talking people out of buying their seat. :rolleyes:

Where'd you find your cub pink? They're out everywhere I've looked.

autumnlily

Thank you! It's the less intrusive part that I really needed to hear... I have my 8 year old in between to Evenflo Big Kid boosters (flip arms style) and she has enough shoulder width but tight in the hip/buckling. So, I tried our 2013 Parkway and the buckling is SO MUCH BETTER but she can't fit between the shoulders now.

I found my two cub pinks on Amazon. I had to select "other color" when they only showed Spade cover. When I checked Amazon last night... they had upped the price to 150something and were no longer the $128 deal I had gotten a few weeks ago.

I'm telling you though - I want them to come out with a ZEBRA parkway. My girls would be thrilled!

Athena

Thank you! It's the less intrusive part that I really needed to hear... I have my 8 year old in between to Evenflo Big Kid boosters (flip arms style) and she has enough shoulder width but tight in the hip/buckling. So, I tried our 2013 Parkway and the buckling is SO MUCH BETTER but she can't fit between the shoulders now.

I found my two cub pinks on Amazon. I had to select "other color" when they only showed Spade cover. When I checked Amazon last night... they had upped the price to 150something and were no longer the $128 deal I had gotten a few weeks ago.

I'm telling you though - I want them to come out with a ZEBRA parkway. My girls would be thrilled!

Literally every time I call Britax about something, I tell them to come out with better fabrics! Anyway, I think the higher price on amazon is from a third party seller and Amazon and all the mainstream places I've checked are out of stock (and other places probably taking advantage of that). One told me they wouldn't be back until August. :mad:

Given the description of your situation as I understand it, it sounds like the 2012 model might help. I was just trying 3 across in my car, and I felt like the lower side of the 2012 model would help someone be more comfortable sitting beside it compared to the new 2013 model. However, as I've described, the 2013 model is easier to buckle in one car we tried, so it may make buckling harder for your situation, depending on how much clearance there is now for buckling with the 2013 model. It's only a very small difference in width, but for us, it happened to be the amount that made the difference between barely being able to buckle and being able to buckle without it being a strain (when the boosters are latched). HTH. Do you still want measurements or pics? I'll have access to both seats tonight, so just let me know.

E&A0607

Ahh! Sorry I totally lost track of this thread. I have to say I think the newer one is wider - but the older one is def less intrusive.

My younger DD wants a cow moo parkway.

Athena

Did you still want any measurements or pics?

Ahh! Sorry I totally lost track of this thread. I have to say I think the newer one is wider - but the older one is def less intrusive.

My younger DD wants a cow moo parkway.

If only they still made it in cowmoo! Or even if they just sold the covers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC