Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CPS Fanatic

Re: Britax Amazon Deal

Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    That's odd. Wonder why it works on some Britax but not others?

You entered SUMMERGEAR (one word)?
    Yup. I just tried it again with it all in caps, in case that mattered. Nothing seems to work on the parkways.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    That's odd. Wonder why it works on some Britax but not others?
    The discount is only for "select" Britax seats. Guess the Parkway wasn't selected.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    The discount is only for "select" Britax seats. Guess the Parkway wasn't selected.
    I know the Britax30 is but I thought the summergear was for all baby gear. The britax30 didn't work on my RA but the other one did.
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

5. Thank You from:

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Oh, yeah, that is weird. Maybe chat with a rep and see if they know?
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

7. Thank You from:

I tried the summergear code on the Size4me earlier and it didn't work. I tried it 2 days ago and it worked so it must be expired now.

9. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    Oh, yeah, that is weird. Maybe chat with a rep and see if they know?
    I was thinking the same thing, so I emailed their CS politely asking about why neither code worked on that seat and they gave me the Britax30 discount! I wasn't expecting that at all and I would have happily accepted either discount, but the 30 takes off a few dollars more. I have a Parkway on the way for $98! Yippee!!! I wanted to ask if I could order two, but I didn't know if I should push it. It's definitely worth asking!

I may try to chat with a rep to see if it works for me too. I really want the parkway.
    Sarah
    Dd 10/07 Main seats: Graco Turbobooster & Graco Turbobooster with Safety Surround. Back up seats: Backless Graco Turbooster and Harmony Youth Booster.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2natalie View Post
    I may try to chat with a rep to see if it works for me too. I really want the parkway.
    I hope you get it!

Of course now I'm second guessing my color choice. Is the fact that tango hasn't sold well mean it's not as popular? Or maybe they just made more of them? Why is it now that I have a gray car I get the brown seat? I know, stop complaining, you got a great deal ... and really, I am thrilled about it!

13. Thank You from:

They actually didn't give me a discount, but I'm glad you got one!

I actually just ordered the black parkway sgl from Target. Our vehicle seats are black. I sold my daughter on the black seat saying it will just blend in with the seats in the car and be less obvious as she gets older that she's in a booster. I used my Target debit card and got the seat shipped for $131.12. My red card discount basically almost covered the tax.

My initial choice for a booster was the parkway sgl. Then Target had some amazing sales and I got the Turbobooster and TB with safety surround. Both are great, but my daughter really wants to buckle herself in. The TB slide out of position when she gets out of the car and she gets frustrated when she has to move the seat when she gets back in. Plus we really slack on remembering to buckle the booster when she's not in it.

So I'm hopeful that the latched booster will work better. If the parkway doesn't work I'll return it and try and Affix.
    Sarah
    Dd 10/07 Main seats: Graco Turbobooster & Graco Turbobooster with Safety Surround. Back up seats: Backless Graco Turbooster and Harmony Youth Booster.

Looks like AlbeeBaby is offering the same deal.

http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=prev....U7MsoQ.1hW7bg

Edit - I know the link looks crazy. It's legit - directs to their promo page.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2natalie View Post
    They actually didn't give me a discount, but I'm glad you got one!

I actually just ordered the black parkway sgl from Target. Our vehicle seats are black. I sold my daughter on the black seat saying it will just blend in with the seats in the car and be less obvious as she gets older that she's in a booster. I used my Target debit card and got the seat shipped for $131.12. My red card discount basically almost covered the tax.

My initial choice for a booster was the parkway sgl. Then Target had some amazing sales and I got the Turbobooster and TB with safety surround. Both are great, but my daughter really wants to buckle herself in. The TB slide out of position when she gets out of the car and she gets frustrated when she has to move the seat when she gets back in. Plus we really slack on remembering to buckle the booster when she's not in it.

So I'm hopeful that the latched booster will work better. If the parkway doesn't work I'll return it and try and Affix.
    oh no! So sorry you didn't get the deal on amazon, but that Target price is good too. I had thought about getting it there because of that extra 5% off too. I hope it works for you. Although I would imagine it varies by car and depends on the reason the buckling is difficult, my impression is that the Parkways can be easier to buckle than the turbos. I hope you like it!

CPS Fanatic

It is a very nice seat, but I'm so glad I didn't pay more because when I put DD1 in it this morning, it looked like she had surprisingly little growing room. This is the same height as the previous parkway, right? We were in a hurry, so I'll try again later when I have more time and hope for better results. Either way, I'm keeping it and it's a very nice seat and I'd recommend it.