Car seat from infant to booster

dalmatian21

Is there such a thing? One of my co-workers is looking for something for her daughter who still needs to rear face (18 months, just hit 21 pounds), and is hoping to find something that won't have to be replaced once she hits booster seat age/weight/height. I thought I had seen something from Graco, 4ever-all-in 1 seat? Any recommendations on this?

Thanks!

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
The 4Ever might be the closest. Most of the time, if it's a true 3-in-1 (rear-face, forward face, booster) it doesn't do something well, or is just mediocre at all 3. For an 18 month old, I'd look for a seat that will accommodate your rear-facing goals, then has high top slots for long use with the harness. A dedicated booster is relatively cheap, and who knows what will be available when the child is ready for that.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Why is she looking for such a carseat? Is she under the impression that it will be cheaper to buy only one seat? The only seat that actually works from rear-facing to booster is about $300. Decent convertibles (rear- and forward-facing harnessed) can be had for $150 or less, and boosters are $50 and up. She will not save money by buying the expensive 3-in-1 seat.

wavegal

I have heard great things about the Graco 4ever. It looks to be a very promising seat for a true all in one. Probably the only true one I would consider.

xursusmaritimusx

Having first hand experience with the 4ever I also highly recommend it if she's looking to just buy 1 seat and be done. 10 year lifespan will get the child all the way through the backless booster stage. Bru coupons work on it as well.

It's usable in every phase of the seat unlike other all in ones.

Think of it as a nautilus with rear facing capabilities because that's what it is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC