When did Combi change Coccoro?

Kappy

Senior Community Member
In regards to the weight limit on the infant insert more specifically?

The review on the blog is incorrect with the weight limit, unless it's a typo all the way through the manual and on the insert itself.

It's now labeled as mandatory under 25 pounds. I just got my daughter's seat delivered with a DOM of 8/13.

Attachments

• INSERT.jpg
    INSERT.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 62
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This changed a while ago.

More concerning to me is that the most recent seats are now shipping with a 5 lb. minimum- but their website and literature still say 3. >_<

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Right?

The Shuttle was actually "from birth." No lower weight limit. I don't know what it is right now, I'm a bit suspicious based on the CCO change. :/

Kappy

Senior Community Member
This changed a while ago.

More concerning to me is that the most recent seats are now shipping with a 5 lb. minimum- but their website and literature still say 3. >_<

Say whaaaa?! My manual says 3 pounds. I'll have to go take a look at the shell stickers. Granted it doesn't apply to us at all.

My daughter is 15 months old, but she's only a little over 16 pounds. I'm going to call Combi for clarification, because my kids are tiny. Which is the main reason I went with the CCO for her, but I am positive she would fit without the insert.

Here's a picture. She wasn't too happy with me. I have since taken out the head insert.

Attachments

• 10500325_10152675046272580_3781834524739937021_n.jpg
    10500325_10152675046272580_3781834524739937021_n.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 63

henrietta

There were threads about this not too long ago. I think I posted one. LOL My now 7 month old daughter had horrible reflux in our Cocorro and at about 5 or so months, she started really bucking getting into the seat. You could *hear* her refluxing. She'd grunt and cry..and get hoarse. It was awful. Several people here told me they were told by Combi that it was labeled wrong and that the inserts CAN come out at 15 lbs but MUST be removed at 25 lbs. DD was just about 15 lbs...and we took it out. She was much better in the car seat and she fit it all perfectly fine. I've never called Combi myself to comfirm. But honestly, from looking at the fit, I can't see how it could possibly not pass testing without that insert w/most 15 lbs babies...or most 4-6 months old and beyond. I'm not an engineer though!!! ;)

My seat is rated from 3 lbs and up...and it was manufactured in 2013 I think.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, if you call, three different people may give you three different answers- Combi reps have given out several all in the last year.

When Vera was there she said remove it when head control is good and the weights are guidelines, don't use after 25. And I'm good with that, I know she spoke to the engineers about it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It depends. Some are released before 4.

Babies with some kinds of dwarfism may go home very small once stable. Babies with IUGR or other growth issues. Babies being released to hospice care with genetic disorders may also be very small.

Kappy

Senior Community Member
I would have never even thought of cases like that. Dang, now I wish Combi kept the weight limit at 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC