Question I have a 2014 4runner and a diono rainer

lrp21

Hello!

I'm about to convert my son from his infant car seat to a convertible one and I just purchased the diono rainier. I was having him in the backseat passenger side of the 4runner because quite honestly this is my first baby and no one really talked to me about where he should be sitting in the car. I would like to have him in the middle backseat of my 4runner but someone at babies r us told me some cars are specific not to have anyone in the middle seat based on crash rating. I tried looking it up in the owners manual and calling toyota itself but talked to some stupid sales man who tried to sell me the truck I already own... Clearly knew nothing about whether it's safe to put him in the middle. Does anyone else have a newer 4runner and put the baby in the middle seat? Even if there are no latches on that seat? The other two passenger sides have the latches. Thanks for your help!

ADS

Kegracin

If I'm remembering correctly the middle seat in the 4runner is not car-seat friendly because of how the seat belts over lap. I'm going to see if I can find the thread for you. Eta I think I'm thinking of the Rav4 that has the over lapping seat belts not your vehicle....

wavegal

The middle seat in the 4runner is fine for car seats, the only thing you need to know is most likely you have to use a seat belt for install which isn't any less safe than LATCH anyway.

Something to keep in mind in case you didn't know, your car seat can not touch your front seats at all. Toyota doesn't allow it due to the advanced airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC