Graco MySize Rear Facing Recline 2?

Linds

Just got a MySize 65 for a 2014 Subaru Forester. My son is almost 9 months and has excellent head control and sits up unassisted. He's crawling and pulling up.

The manual says I can only use Recline 1 for rear facing in the car, but also states that the level can be more upright for babies older than 3 months - the level indicator has 2 blue zones and a red zone. The install instructions say that 3 months and younger the level indicator must be fully in the dark blue zone. Over 3 months it can be anywhere in the light blue zone - meaning a more upright install.

In the Forester, if I install at recline 1, the level indicator is fully in the dark blue zone. Pool noodles move it to being too reclined unless I put the pool noodle under the area where baby's butt is, and the pool noodle isn't fully secure there. Can I install at recline 2, but use pool noodle at the baby's feet to achieve a more upright install still with the proper level?

Edit: Graco responded to this question with "Here's a bunch of certified car seat installers near you". If I need to go that route so be it, but was hoping to do it on my own.

Last edited:
ADS

Brianna

Use pool noodles under the base where the baby's feet go to achieve a proper recline angle- never under baby's butt/ towards the front of the vehicle.

griffinej5

We have this seat for my 3.5 year old niece installed rf. You may be able to get it more upright by pushing on the seat at the area where the feet go while you are tightening the belt. She's never had a complaint about the seat.

Linds

Use pool noodles under the base where the baby's feet go to achieve a proper recline angle- never under baby's butt/ towards the front of the vehicle.

Pool noodles under the base where the baby's feet go cause the recline angle to be improper.

I am asking if I can use recline 2, as in the recline thats supposed to be used for forward facing, and pool noodles under the baby's feet to achieve a proper recline while rear facing. I would like to achieve a more upright recline to gain some leg room in the front of the car.

Pixels

You have to use recline 1. As Griffin said, you may be able to get it more upright by changing where you press down while tightening. You can also try scooting the base of the seat a tidge toward the front of the vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC