Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Which seat when traveling with a 6 month old?

We will be taking a flight with our 6 mth old. Wondering which seat I should take. Our Sienna will be waiting for us when we get there and then we will have a 4.5 hour drive. Which of these seats would be easiest and most comfy? Chicco Keyfit, Urbini Petal, MR 65 or Cosco Scenera?
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Which seat when traveling with a 6 month old?

I found our keyfit a breeze to travel with and install on the plane, even when I was traveling alone with the baby.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Carseat Crazy
    Thanks!
    Did you install it on the plane without the base?

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Which seat when traveling with a 6 month old?

Yes, it is really easy! The base wouldn't work on the plane since the buckle is in the middle and would be right in the way of snapping the seat in. I just put each side of the belt through the belt guides on the seat (they are exposed on a Keyfit 30 and under the cover on the Keyfit 22) and pulled it tight. It was nice and snug. I was able to get her out during the flight to nurse without having to unbuckle the seat.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Carseat Crazy
    Thanks!