Question Which Convertible car seat will best fit in my Mini Cooper Countryman

U

Unregistered

My husband and I are expecting twins, and as such I need to find car seats that will actually fit in my car and not have to worry about buying several sets of seats that may or may not fit. At the cost of a good seat we would like to just bite that bullet one time. I have heard online that the Diono Radian RXT Daytona seat will fit, but at $270-300+ I'd like some additional information before purchasing two of these. Thank you to anyone who has anything to add.

ADS

1mommy

The radian is known for a difficult install, difficult harness (well not difficult just different) and for newborns it takes up a lot of space front to back, aka front passengers would be eating the dash up until they have good head control, around 6 months when you can use an Angle Adjuster.

Do you need to fit 3 car seats in one car? Because if you don't need the skinniness of the radian I would suggest looking into the new Graco4ever, it is very compact front to back and also will most likely be able to be used as a booster, with the radian the booster min weight is 50 lbs and most kids have outgrown it by height by the time they get to that weight.

aeormsby

I'd maybe try the Nextfit. Although do some research on how it fits small babies (since twins can be smaller at birth you want to make sure it will fit a possibly 5lb newborn).

This blog helps compare how much room RF convertibles take up (note the seats that are on the list more than once, look at the fully reclined number, that's what you'll need for a newborn.) http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ul...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

Actually, looks like it does fit the tiny ones well: http://carseatblog.com/21704/chicco-nextfit-review-convertible-carseat-nirvana/

Linds

I just got a Graco Size4Me/MySize/Headwise 65 and I really like it. It's quite compact front to back, better than the infant carseat. It's rated for newborns as small as 4 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC