Opinion on this fit

coleslawcat

Here is Charlie in his new Sureride. This is the car seat for my husband's car for his many hospital trips. Do you think the buckle is going to be painful the way it digs into his thighs? Is he too chubby for the seat? Would it be better if I took the pillow out?

Yes, he has some serious thighs.

Attachments

• image-625172570.jpg
    image-625172570.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1004649797.jpg
    image-1004649797.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 79
ADS

featherhead

If it seems to bother him you could definitely try taking out the extra padding. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

coleslawcat

I read through the entire manual and couldn't find any suggestions for weights on the padding. Did I miss it? Or is this entirely up to my own discretion?

featherhead

I read through the entire manual and couldn't find any suggestions for weights on the padding. Did I miss it? Or is this entirely up to my own discretion?
from what I've seen with other Evenflo seats, it can be used for rear-facing only. But I have not actually seen one IRL, so I couldn't say for sure that is how it is.

coleslawcat

I think it fits a bit better without the padding.

What a pain to install though, I think that might be the biggest difference between the cheaper and expensive seats. It's just impossible to tighten the LATCH. After fighting it briefly I used the seatbelt and it was no problem. It's tough to get it in the right angle in the car though, based on how angled the seats are. I rarely put seats in this car so I had forgotten how annoying that is.

Thanks for the advice and comments. I think he's pretty darn squishy myself.

jwilliams

What a pain to install though, I think that might be the biggest difference between the cheaper and expensive seats. It's just impossible to tighten the LATCH.

I just installed two Surerides yesterday using LATCH. I found pulling the LATCH belt through the belt path and tightening it that way worked really well. I sort of braced my hand against the side of the Sureride and pulled, if that makes sense.

coleslawcat

I just installed two Surerides yesterday using LATCH. I found pulling the LATCH belt through the belt path and tightening it that way worked really well. I sort of braced my hand against the side of the Sureride and pulled, if that makes sense.

I'll give that a try!

Yup, pulling back the cover above the belt path will allow you to pull the strap up through and get a better angle to tighten. Makes a HUGE difference for me with a lot of seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC