how long is your commute?

ADS

MomToEliEm

I usually takes 45 minutes to get to work. My child's daycare is right by my work so she gets to commute with me.

JessicaS

I'm a SAHM too, but my DH's work is less than a mile away. :D

I'm thinking about going back to work soon, though. I'll probably have a 10 minute commute again.

amy919

My commute is 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. My girls' school is about 5 minutes north of my office.

No complaints here:)

ccjones

My commute is anywhere from 20-40 minutes, depending on what time I head into the office and what time I leave (I have flex time).

DS's daycare center/preschool is about a 2-3 minute drive (10 minute walk) from our house. DH works from home a few days a week, so daycare being a few minutes away from home is pretty convenient.

Mama2J

Our school is less than a mile from our house. So it takes 15 minutes from the time I leave the house to drop ds off at school and leave. Then another 15 minutes to get to work from there.

When I was single, I had a job that took an hour and 15 minutes to get to. Plus college classes that were an hour and a half from work to the school. So it's a much better drive now!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
My dh's commute is about 72 miles. To get to any stores(other than Rite Aid, gas stations or a crappy grocery store), I travel about 40-50 miles.

LuvBug

If there is no traffic and the lights stay green... like 2 minutes lol! Its 2.4miles according to googlemap. It doesnt take long at all, even if there is a ton of traffic and I get caught by the lights, it might take 10 minutes.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

If there is no traffic and the lights stay green... like 2 minutes lol! Its 2.4miles according to googlemap. It doesnt take long at all, even if there is a ton of traffic and I get caught by the lights, it might take 10 minutes.

Cute! I am a SAHM and hubby's commute is about 2 minutes, three if the ONE traffic light in our dinky town is red. :D In the summer noone commutes because he is a teacher so we all stay home. That is wonderful!!!!!

Niea

Usually about 20 min, though I don't normally commute during the most congested times. If I do, it'll take me closer to 30 min. Late at night when there's no traffic at all, I can do it in about 12 minutes (I think that's my record). It's 7-8 miles or so from home.

LuvBug

Cute! I am a SAHM and hubby's commute is about 2 minutes, three if the ONE traffic light in our dinky town is red. :D In the summer noone commutes because he is a teacher so we all stay home. That is wonderful!!!!!

thats one of the reasons I LOVE living in a small town! I wish I could walk to work, but it is half up hill and half down with absolutely no sidewalks or shoulder :(

cryswilkins

30 miles one way, so about 45 minutes if I don't have to take DD with me. If I do then it 45 miles. Small price to pay for free child care...

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

thats one of the reasons I LOVE living in a small town! I wish I could walk to work, but it is half up hill and half down with absolutely no sidewalks or shoulder :(

As a teenager I wanted out of this stinking small town. I wanted to move to a big city. Well, married and four kids later I am so thankful I live in a small town, small school, etc. We live in PA and grew up here. My sister moved six years ago to Santa Fe, NM. She loves it. But, she just got married and has no kids and plans to have none either so for her that works. Some days I envy her though. :rolleyes:

LuvBug

As a teenager I wanted out of this stinking small town. I wanted to move to a big city. Well, married and four kids later I am so thankful I live in a small town, small school, etc. We live in PA and grew up here. My sister moved six years ago to Santa Fe, NM. She loves it. But, she just got married and has no kids and plans to have none either so for her that works. Some days I envy her though. :rolleyes:

I think our town is getting too big and I want to move somewhere even smaller lol!

Adirondack Dad

1 mile to drop Conor at school another 3 miles to Daycare for Thomas and then back past the school, house and another 2 miles to work. No wonder I can't figure out which way I'm going...:D

amy919

Where in PA are you?

scatterbunny

I am a SAHM, but it takes Mark not quite 10 minutes to get to work.

It takes 1-2 minutes to get to Hayley's school.

It takes a maximum of 10-15 minutes to get ANYWHERE within my town of 4,000 people.

:D

We are considering moving out in the country someday, so Mark will be commuting about 30-45 minutes, one-way, if that happens.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC