"E-Z Baby Saver"

ADS

Suzibeck

I read another article today about removing your right shoe and putting it in the back seat, you won't go anywhere without your shoe when you might without your cell phone or purse, I would anyway.

thekatie

I read another article today about removing your right shoe and putting it in the back seat, you won't go anywhere without your shoe when you might without your cell phone or purse, I would anyway.
I was once told it's illegal to drive shoeless. It's a hazy memory from when I first started driving (way too many years ago), and I have no clue if it's accurate for my area or if whoever told me that was making it up. I also know even if it's true for my region, laws like that would vary area to area... But to this day I feel uneasy if I don't have shoes on while I'm driving (I have on occasion taken them off and set them in the passenger foot area, if I've been wearing heels all day or something), like I have a neon arrow pointing to my car saying "pull me over officer I'm not wearing shoes!" :p pretty illogical, huh?

For me, the phone would work. I don't leave my phone.

Suzibeck

If you keep a shoe on your driving foot it wouldn't be driving barefoot, lol. I like the bungee/strap idea better especially if it is raining or snowing out.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's an urban legend that driving barefoot is illegal. I mean, I suppose there might be someplace where it is, but it's not universal. I've also heard it's illegal to drive in flip-flops, which would really suck.

BTW, I first read this as "E-Z Baby Shaver."

The only problem is that once things become inconvenient, people tsp using them. So I imagine the novelty would wear off this pretty quickly, and people would get tired of moving the rubber band out of the way. Kudos to the kid for coming up with it, though.

When I first read the title of this thread the image that popped into my head was that of a Rubbermaid container in the shape of a human infant..

A big Way To Go to that little boy. What a wonderful thing for him to choose to work on. Truly heart-warming to see someone so young wanting to make a difference and save the lives of others.

Meg

I saw it earlier and thought it was a very cool idea and I like that this topic is getting so much attention! I'd love to see some sort of aftermarket product that parents could install in their car.. Maybe an alarm? But that problem with that is so many people think they'd never forget their child, so they'd never use it. Today I posted on FB with the Washington Post article about kids dying in cars and within mins. an FB friend (with 2 kids) posted a really passive aggressive status loosely quoting me and declaring no good parent could forget their child. :( People suck.

I saw it earlier and thought it was a very cool idea and I like that this topic is getting so much attention! I'd love to see some sort of aftermarket product that parents could install in their car.. Maybe an alarm? But that problem with that is so many people think they'd never forget their child, so they'd never use it. Today I posted on FB with the Washington Post article about kids dying in cars and within mins. an FB friend (with 2 kids) posted a really passive aggressive status loosely quoting me and declaring no good parent could forget their child. :( People suck.

People with that attitude make me sick. Mostly because those are the ones to whom it will likely happen because they think it has something to do with your competence as a parent. We're all human. It happens to good people and not-so-good people. Sigh. I would have backed you up 100% :cool:

katymyers

People with that attitude make me sick. Mostly because those are the ones to whom it will likely happen because they think it has something to do with your competence as a parent. We're all human. It happens to good people and not-so-good people. Sigh. I would have backed you up 100% :cool:
:yeahthat: Just a few months ago I met Josh at his parent's house for dinner after work, afterward I put Aubrei in her seat and left her in the house while I put the other three kids in the car. I drove off with Aubrei still in the house! I didn't realize a thing till I got home. Luckily it wasn't a huge deal and Josh just put her in his car and brought her home. But it made me realize how easily things like that can happen. Having three young kids and a baby and being completely and utterly sleep deprived will mess with your mind and even the best parents can screw up without even realizing it. I'm so careful now, I'm constantly doing head counts whenever I go anywhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC