Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

All size diaper covers

A friend of mine is due to have a baby in August. I'm trying to convince her that cloth isn't terrible but even if I can't convince her to use cloth I will use it here when I have him. I have flats and I can pick up a snappi easy enough but I will need covers. I am looking for economy options as I don't have a lot to spend. I would like at least two covers in each size or multi-size covers if anyone has them at a good price. I will likely pick up some newborn Dappi cover pants because they are cheap and he will be just in a diaper or onsie at that size. Once winter comes I'd rather have wraps so I don't have undress the lower half of the kid at every change.

I have budgeted to get her 2 doz flats if she is open to using them. She does have a washing machine but no dryer so flats will be a good option for her. Buying sposies will be a problem for her as she is very low income so I think she will decide to give cloth a try. If she wants to go with cloth, she will need 4 covers in each size, or multi-size covers.
    Mom to three big girls in adult seat belts (20, 17, and 14) and one booster rider (8) in a Kia Sedona and a VW Tiguan.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Mylilboyblue's Avatar
    I will PM you.

DS1 - 9, DS2 - 6, DS3 - 3, and DS4- due September 2016

Re: All size diaper covers

I have two neutral size large Thirsties covers that I bought brand new and used 4 times before DS potty trained. I don't know if you want anything that big, but if you do, message me. I've tried to sell them locally to no avail. All I'm asking is $2 each plus shipping (which will be about $2.80 I think).
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

Senior Community Member

PMing you!!!!
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

Alva is now making covers. They're $3.80 with free shipping.

http://www.alvababy.com/color-snap-d...ers-c-118.html

I love using Alva 3.0 & Sunbaby pockets as covers (I don't stuff them -- just lay the prefold or bamboo insert on top) but you have to wash them every change because they have the microfleece / microsuede. The new covers from Alva are just PUL.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

I had some Sunbaby with my youngest and they delaminated on me, are the Alva covers sturdier? I think I might be set, purplemama doesn't live too far from me and she has what I'm looking for to set myself up. If my friend decides to use cloth, I'll post again to help get her set up or check back with those who sent me messages to see if they still have stuff available.

Thanks everyone!
    Mom to three big girls in adult seat belts (20, 17, and 14) and one booster rider (8) in a Kia Sedona and a VW Tiguan.