Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave her at home.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other ideas please post.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vangelder03

She rides in a high back booster and has started leaning out of position and moving the shoulder belt to the side. If this wad your child would you harness her again. She just turned 8 this month and it started around her birthday.

ADS

bubbaray

I would tell her that she cannot move to a LBB until she proves she is ready. And I would pull to the side of the road and stop the car when she goofed around in the vehicle. That drives my kids nuts and they smarten right up. Our issue is rarely booster related but more teasing each other.

Lemonade

My answer would depend on how long she has been in a booster and her stats and her general behavior outside of the car.

vangelder03

My answer would depend on how long she has been in a booster and her stats and her general behavior outside of the car.

Her behavior outside the car is even worse she is getting to be rude and abusive to her brothers. I have pulled over and she refuses to listen. So we have stopped going places. My other three are missing out on so much this summer. But it seems like she is happy doing nothing. I have to force her to bath brush her teeth change her clothes clean her room. Basically if she doesn't feel like doing something she won't. The booster seat has only been a problem this month. She has three inches before her shoulders are right under the harness on frontier 85. I have 2 I was planning on my youngest using it in sept he turns 4 on 8/25 and he currently rides in a radian. And the other is being used by my almost 6 yr old.

Lemonade

Her behavior outside the car is even worse she is getting to be rude and abusive to her brothers. I have pulled over and she refuses to listen. So we have stopped going places. My other three are missing out on so much this summer. But it seems like she is happy doing nothing. I have to force her to bath brush her teeth change her clothes clean her room. Basically if she doesn't feel like doing something she won't. The booster seat has only been a problem this month. She has three inches before her shoulders are right under the harness on frontier 85. I have 2 I was planning on my youngest using it in sept he turns 4 on 8/25 and he currently rides in a radian. And the other is being used by my almost 6 yr old.

Harness. She needs to not get away with it and not ruin her siblings' summer. Too bad, so sad.

tiggercat

I'd harness her.

My 8yo isn't the best booster rider lately. Not overtly defiant, but sometimes I find her leaning towards her brother a bit or being wiggly, or even leaning forward a bit while reading a book in her lap. I would harness her in a heartbeat if she wasn't 71lbs (and I live in Canada).

krasota

With that behavior, I'd harness her. And if she unbuckles or pitches a fit, leave her at home with another adult.

Suzibeck

Given her overall behavior and the fact that you have a seat to harness her, I'd harness her. Enjoy your summer!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
If it were just sudden onset wiggliness, I'd actually say try her in a no back because some kids lean inward to prevent numbness caused by not enough thigh support, but since her overall behavior is a mess, I'd say to use this as a lesson on mom being serious about what she says and harness her.

Athena

(assuming you have a seat she still fits in) I'd harness her asap until she can be respectful and follow the rules.

bnsnyde

I'd do a harness, but my 8 YO is in one anyway. He will outgrow it soon. Frontier90.

The 6-year-old is in a booster and rides great. No harnessed seat was a good fit on her seat anyway after 40 lbs., so we are lucky.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC