OK, ready to admit. I have a problem.

TracyRee

I now realize the extent of my car seat obsession.

I had a dream last night that my husband and I were driving around with DS just in a lap belt!!! (DS is only 3, 30lbs). It was awful. It was a nightmare, no question. I was in the back seat with him trying to hold the shoulder belt in the right place (liek that would help..:rolleyes: It was a dream....)

I was having a panic attack int he car and begging DH to stop at the closest store he could find so I could run in and buy a car seat.

ADS

southpawboston

haha, i don't have dreams about carseats, but i have to admit, that i don't like getting rid of extras that accumulate in the basement... never know when they'll come in handy.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
LOL. I'm another carseat hoarder here. :eek: My weirdest dream ever didn't involve carseats or vehicle safety although I've had some nightmarish ones related to those subjects. The weirdest dream I ever remember was when I was pregnant with DD2. I dreamed I had an ultrasound showing I was going to have kittens, lol.

TracyRee

haha, i don't have dreams about carseats, but i have to admit, that i don't like getting rid of extras that accumulate in the basement... never know when they'll come in handy.

You know, I'm struggling witht his right now. We are trying to concieve #2 and I'm thinking if I don't get rid fo the car seats in the garage that I won't get to buy new ones for the baby!

brightredmtn

I JUST woke up from a car seat nightmare! DH had DS in some crappy expired seat FF that his mother had given him. I forced him to go directly to Toys R Us to buy a new seat and he bought a FF only seat! I'm sure part of this came from trying to get our RA into MIL's car over the weekend and she tried to convince me to put it in the front seat!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
hehe I've had dreams the last two nights about seats. Tomorrow Piper has her first field trip and I'm renting a minivan so I can put all of my seats in it (I'll take them out if the parents don't want to use them, but that way I know Piper and four others are properly restrained). So the past two nights I've been stressing about the seats and getting them in properly. Last night I dreamt Piper's Wizard had rigid LATCH and I was having trouble getting it installed quickly at the rental place (I'm leaving her Wizard home and bringing her booster to pick up and drop off the van). The night before I dreamt that I needed the van right away, I had messed up on the date, and Nathan had been using it instead and so I needed to get it from him and get all five seats in properly.

Hi, I'm Wendy, and I dream of carseats in color.

Wendy

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I had a dream one time that someone who I don't know was driving and I was in one of the back seats of like a fifteen passenger van and there were three kids that I knew in the van, two of whom I was in charge of, I don't know where the other kid came from. Anyways, the rest of the van was full of kids in expired carseats. The seats were not in securely at all. One of the seats was even tilting :eek:! I was trying to hold down the kids that I knew (like that would help;)) all the while terrified for my life and everyone elses lives. This was when the driver put the cruise control on and got up and walked to the back of the van :eek:. Then I told the driver that we were safer walking along the side of the road than driving with her and I proceded to take the three kids I knew with me and call the parents of the one I was not in charge of. I woke up in a panic after that dream.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC