New Seat for 4 1/2 year old

Snorris2

Hi all! I haven't been on in a while, but I want some suggestions. My 4 1/2 year old has been complaining that her Radian is now hurting her neck. We have the XTSL version and the headwings just make it unusable for us after a certain point. This happened with my oldest as well. I would like to get a new 5 point for my youngest. I would actually love to get a new 5 point for both of them.

I am looking at the Graco Nauti and the Britax Pioneer. Any opinions on these seats?
Any other recs?

If it helps, my 4 year old is 46 lbs and 43 inches. My 6 year old is 49 lbs and 47 inches.

Would you reharness the 6 year old? She will be 7 in January. If I don't reharness, I a looking for a new booster for her. Our Recaro Probooster is too tippy in the back.

TIA

ADS

Baylor

I would go with nautilus. Great seat, 10 yr exp and makes a great booster. and becomes backless.

I would not reharness a 6 yr old. I would get a great dedicated booster that becomes backless eventually.

tiggercat

My 4y9m old is about the same size as yours, he rides in a Britax Frontier CT (FR90 in the USA) and I really like it. I much prefer it to the Nautilus (my daughter had a Nauti previously and I liked it ok, but the Frontier is definitely a step up in comfort and ease of use). The pioneer is basically a stripped down version of the frontier, with older models having lower top harness slots, and none having the click tight feature that makes for a simple install. I find the weird belt path awkward to work with, and would probably chose a different seat for that reason.

I would probably keep the almost 7yo in a booster unless they can't sit properly in one. I like the Britax Parkway for a booster, my tall 9yo still uses one in high back mode and is quite comfy (71lb, 54.5in, I just measured her, lol).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC