Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

3 across rear facing ideas

Hi- I am wondering what carseat combinations would work to fit 3 across rear facing in a ford escape 12'. We currently have 4 month old twins and are expecting another baby in feb 2015. This will give us 3 under 1... We just bought the escape last year so don't really want to have to get rid of it yet. I know we will eventually. Currently we have 2 Graco Snugrides for the twins but know this wont work 3 across rear facing. Any ideas? Ideally we would like the option to use an infant carrier...but could do 3 convertibles if necessary.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    Actually, depending on which Snugrides you have, they might. There are a couple (I think it's the 32lbs-er base, and another) that are very straight and narrow and work well in 3-across-es. But you do run into the issue of all the handles being in the same spot. You might have better luck with 2 convertibles for the twins, since they'll be older and a bucket seat for the newbie.

I know the Corocco (spelling anyone?) is nice as small and fits new babies well and I'm drawing a blank on any of the other convertibles that fit newbies well and work in a 3-across.

Quinn (Sept '09) Riding in an Amp and Harmony Big Boost
    Sean (Aug '12) FFing in 2 RXT's

CPS Fanatic
    It's the Coccoro. It'll likely work, but most kids outgrow them around their 2nd birthday.

Diono seats might also work well.