Cardiff Headrest

tl01

Got a Cardiff headrest for DS1 since he is now in a NBB. He still sleeps in the car on long drives. We set it up today and DS1 put the flaps down and took a nap on the way to dinner. I'm not sure that he loves it yet though. He said it puts his neck at a strange angle. I'm thinking this is because the distance is wider than what he is used to in the frontier 90. Do you think it would be bad to shift it to the side a bit so he can just use one side more comfortably?
Eta... We need to put his vehicle headrest back down..: we seemed to have forgot after intalling the Cardiff headrest.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I shifted it off center for Emma so she would lean INTO her belt, rather than out of, because it was so wide on her, she leaned all the way out of the belt.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, tweak it back and forth till it's the right distance from his head for comfort. I was going to try moving ours around for Leah but we got a new car and they are just sitting on the shelf right now till our next trip.

tl01

I am wondering how it works in small sedans. I'm wondering how well the flaps stow in the upright position. In my minivan with it spaced evenly in the middle... But the outboard seat was in wide mode (honda odyssey)... It wouldn't stow all the way up. I had moved it out to show someone the feature and back in narrow mode it was fine. But in sedans there is usually less space between the seats and the side of the car.

tl01

I shifted it off center for Emma so she would lean INTO her belt, rather than out of, because it was so wide on her, she leaned all the way out of the belt.

Strangely the belt didn't go out of place too much but I was planning to adjust it so when he leans it would be into the belt. Seems safer that way;).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It also wouldn't fold up on one side when centered in our van. I guess that's moot since she insists on keeping them down at all times lol.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Yeah, tweak it back and forth till it's the right distance from his head for comfort. I was going to try moving ours around for Leah but we got a new car and they are just sitting on the shelf right now till our next trip.

My kids seem to believe the design is meant to hold up a pillow. It does that exceptionally well, so it works great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC