Need New Tires for 2011 Pilot EX-L w/4WD

aporthole

I've got 48k on original tires and they NEED to be replaced ASAP. I've browsed the Piloteer's forum a bit but I know very little of technical aspects so I'm hoping someone here may be able to give some layman help.

4WD 2011 Pilot EX-L

We live north of Seattle. This is the primary family vehicle, but I'm a stay at home mom and we home school. We get a few snow days each year, but I have the ability to mostly just stay home with inclement weather.

Good handling in wet conditions is high priority being in the northwest.

Long tire life (bang for the buck) is also high priority.

Good fuel economy is always a plus but secondary to safety/performance and longevity.

Pretty much only looking at Michelin and Bridgestone and will be purchasing at Costco.

These look like the top contenders but open to all other suggestions:
Michelin LTX M/S ($713/set of 4)
Michelin Latitude Tour ($689/set of 4)
Michelin LTX A/T2 ($649/set of 4)
Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia ($619/set of 4)

ADS

emntheboys

My tire guy strongly recommended the LTX MS/2. They are also highly recommended on the piloteers forum and on Tire Rack.

I ended up with Firestone Destination LE2 for about $200 cheaper on my Pilot. They were also highly recommended. I would have done the Michelin's if my budget would have allowed it.

emntheboys

Hmm... that's weird. With a little research I found that the tread is the same, just the rubber compound is a bit different.:shrug-shoulders:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I put Michelin Latitude Tours on my Highlander. Probably among the best of the low rolling resistance tires available for fuel economy purposes. No complaints. My other choice was the Continental Cross Contact LX20 Ecoplus, but they were hard to find at the time. My OEM tires were crummy. They were Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400, which are probably quite different from the Ecopia ones you listed.

bubbaray

Aren't the LTX M/S quite a course tread? I recall DH had those and they were more a mud/snow tire. I wouldn't put those on unless you need to drive in snow and it sounds like you don't.

wavegal

We replaced the tires on my Pilot last year and went with General Grabber HTS, an all weather tire, we do get a lot of snow/rain here but its definitely not a snow tire. I like them better than the Michelin's that were on it before.

aporthole

Just wanted to update and say we went with the Michelin Latitude Tours and are very happy with them. Road noise and vibration are much lower and my MPGs went up slightly (19 on old tires, 20.3 on the new ones in the last 3 weeks).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC