1971 Firestone Protect a Tot, Wow!

classicseats

Here is a 1971 Firestone protect a tot booster seat. Lots of padding for you face! 15 to 28 pound, and less than 33". Made by the Hamill division of Firestone, the same outfit that made the GM love seats. Used with a lap belt. Cool!

Attachments

• DSC03906.JPG
    DSC03906.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC03907.JPG
    DSC03907.JPG
    597.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03908.jpg
    DSC03908.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 110
ADS

thekatie

So that "back" isn't a back, truly was a shield for the face? The legs went under? Interesting.

It looks snazzy. Like it would go well with my old chrome & Formica table set.....

All I can think about when I see that is shattered facial bones. How could that set-up ever turn out well? Although I suppose it's better than just the lap belt.

ClassicSeats, your backyard always looks gorgeous in your pictures! Please tell me I'm not the only one who notices that :whistle:

bbartlettnfld

I rode in a Ford tot-guard, which had a very similar giant shield, it was great for colouring books. Yes I actually remember sitting in it colouring so I must have used it until I was at least 4/5.

julia94115

Can you imagine that seat in the dead of summer? Some little kid in short shorts and the hot metal rod frame? Ouchie ouch!!!

classicseats

In 25 plus years of collecting, this is the first of this style seat I have ever seen. There is a more complete style firestone seat with back and head rests, but it also has that big funky padded shield!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC