Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Stroller Opinions

So I gave away my Schwinn jogging stroller a couple months ago thinking we were almost done with strollers. I didn't even particularly like that stroller, but I wasn't really thinking when I gave it away. Instead I've been using a cheapy avalon umbrella stroller and I sooo miss a full sized stroller. I don't need anything fancy, but I have limited access so I need it to either be available at Canadian Tire (ha!) or Target (except our Target never has any stock, so it's not even worth looking). My budget is up to $400, and it's very hard to get things shipped to me (i.e. BRU does not ship to my address)

So I've been stalking the local ads, any opinions on these strollers?

Quinny Buzz stroller-- $300-- comes with bassinet, which I don't need but nice to have

Quinny stroller-- $80.00 -- not sure which one this is, has four wheels (edit: taking a closer look, I'd say it's the freestyle)

Phil and Teds-- $300-- comes with brand new second seat

Uppababy something er other-- $175.00-- comes with bassinett and rain cover (edit: think its the vista)

Quinny Stroller-- $100-- not sure which one this is, kind of looks like the Buzz, also comes with a bassinet and 'winter cover'

PP Skate-- $375-- comes with second seat

All of these are about 40-60 minutes away from me, any that are worth going to look at? LO is 3, 23lbs & 35". Mostly zoo, sidewalk type stuff, but we do go camping, and something for packed dirt with a few stones thrown on top would be nice. Or suggestions for things I should keep my eye out for? Everyone seems to be cleaning their garages out right now!
    Last edited by SnoGurl; 06-12-2014 at 12:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Stroller Opinions

Quinny Buzz stroller-- $300-- comes with bassinet, which I don't need but nice to have
    I hear the push on this is bad. I wouldn't buy one.

Quinny stroller-- $80.00 -- not sure which one this is, has four wheels (edit: taking a closer look, I'd say it's the freestyle)
    Still probably no because of how people feel about the Buzz. Only Quinny I might would be the Zapp but it wouldn't be a good fit for what you are looking for.

Phil and Teds-- $300-- comes with brand new second seat
    Good option depending on the model. Most have air tires which would be great for camping, long outings, etc.

Uppababy something er other-- $175.00-- comes with bassinett and rain cover (edit: think its the vista)
    Vista is nice but not the best for an already 3 year old. The P&Ts seats are bigger and probably more suitable for an older child.

Quinny Stroller-- $100-- not sure which one this is, kind of looks like the Buzz, also comes with a bassinet and 'winter cover'
    Nope.

PP Skate-- $375-- comes with second seat
    I hear mixed things about this one and that price seems really high.

All in, of those options, I would pick the P&Ts. I would also look at the BAby Jogger Versa or Versa GT though too. It has a big roomy seat, and in the US, they are under $250 right now for the regular Versa. You could also see if you could find a Baby Jogger Elite, again it has a big roomy seat and nice push for an older child.
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit

4. Thank You from:

You'd said BRU don't ship to your house, but what about Snugglebugz (spelling?) Or Kido? Kido is a great baby boutique here in Quebec city and Montreal. I've read they now ship everywhere in Canada.
    Mary Ann - Maman franco
    Sorry for my broken English
    DD1: 10/2008 - Rides FF in a Plum RXT or PW's
    DD2: 02/2013 - Rides RF in a Flamingo Foonf
    DS: 07/2015 - Rides RF in a cowmoo Boulevard

6. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Mary_Ann View Post
    You'd said BRU don't ship to your house, but what about Snugglebugz (spelling?) Or Kido? Kido is a great baby boutique here in Quebec city and Montreal. I've read they now ship everywhere in Canada.
    Maybe? I'm not listed in snugglebugz 'remote' listing, but i've never tried to order from them either. They do allow FedEx with a fee though, so that might work. Unfortunately, their 'under $400.00' category is... limited.

Edited: i've never heard of Kido before, but I will check them out, thanks!

Yep Kido are great, I always buy car seats and strollers from them!
    Mary Ann - Maman franco
    Sorry for my broken English
    DD1: 10/2008 - Rides FF in a Plum RXT or PW's
    DD2: 02/2013 - Rides RF in a Flamingo Foonf
    DS: 07/2015 - Rides RF in a cowmoo Boulevard

9. Thank You from:

If you go through ebates.ca and shop.ca, you can get 15% back from ebates. And there are several strollers that ship from Snuggle Bugz that are under $400.

I just bought my mom a Valco Zee. Awesome stroller. $339 http://www.shop.ca/m20/c/valco-baby-...E0281-22031342

There is also the City Mini 4 wheel for $299 http://www.shop.ca/m20/c/baby-jogger...10410-23748125

The Mountain Buggy Mini for $299 http://www.shop.ca/m20/c/mountain-bu...20300-23461402

And for $429, the City Mini GT http://www.shop.ca/m20/c/baby-jogger...15244-21560253

And remember 15% back from ebates on any of those.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

11. Thank You from:

I don't know if shop.ca will ship to me-- I can't find the list of what they consider 'remote' and 'hard to serve'. I'll have to look this weekend when i'm not mobile.

I'm not a huge city mini fan, but I may have to reevaluate that. The Zee and the MB are definitely options, if I can get them to ship.

The majority of what I've found in my price range on SB is umbrella type strollers, etc. I am considering the BOB Motion, the Snap4, B-Agile, if I can get them to ship.

Snap4 for $249 http://www.shop.ca/m20/c/valco-baby-...P0392-22403661

The Zee has suspension, so would be better on rougher terrain if you need it to be multipurpose. Snap4 is lighter though. You can get 4 air tires for the Snap 4.

I chose the Zee over Snap4 because the canopy expands larger and it has the adjustable footrest. My 2.5 year old likes having her legs up even thought she's long legged and her feet hang off the edge of any adjustable footrest. But that's how she likes to sit. Ha ha.

Oh, just make sure you go to ebates first and use their link to get you to shop.ca. You don't want to miss the 15% back!

I hope they can ship to you!

14. Thank You from:

Oh and I know I already told you via PM, but for others reading, you can get rear air tires for the Zee.

Just ordered a Sapphire Zee! I was kind of stuck between the Zee and the Snap4, but I like the looks of the basket on the Zee better. The fold looks so convenient. We should be doing a camping trip a few days after it's supposed to arrive, so i'll see how iot does, then investigate the air tires if needed-- I really like having that option.

Awesome! We can be twins! LOL You remembered to use ebates, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Awesome! We can be twins! LOL You remembered to use ebates, right?!
    Lol, I almost got the blue, but the sapphire won in the end. Either way, i'll have to listen to 'not pink' for a few rides.

I did remember the ebates-- such an awesome deal. And aeroplan miles! And shipping looks like it's going to be super quick as well. Pretty happy with the shopping experience right now!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Carseat Crazy

You won't be disappointed with the Zee! I own two Valco strollers including the Zee Two and you can't beat the storage basket and canopy!

If you are looking for that "all-around" stroller that won't give you a headache, last you the longest, and gives you the most versatility...I would have to say it would be the Baby Jogger City Mini. It also fits great in a car and we have traveled on the plane with it multiple times. Has infant carrier attachments, lays flat, and has enough height that a 7 year old can fit in it. We had a couple of the ones you listed above...we have since sold them off or given them to family since we never use them now that we have had the City Mini for 3 years.

MEC carries the BOB Revolution. All these years later, it is hands down DHs fave and in my top 3. We actually had one, sold it and then bought a second one when DD1 was injured.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

She already ordered a Zee you guys.

The Zee gives about 3" height room over the City Mini, is 2.5" narrower in wheelbase and has an adjustable footrest. I was choosing between the two and being narrower and the footrest were two things I needed. People love their City Minis though!

Oh I know...just a lot of people use threads as references for their purchases as well. Didn't like the comfort (steering and overall comfort level of the child) of the Zee and it wasn't as easy to fold and stow. I have owned the City Mini (and Elite as well for running & trail riding) for 3+ years now...still haven't found something worthy of replacing it. Some small features here and there, but the mini still outpaces them all as an "all-around" option...especially since it's held up so freakin' well.

Ah ok. When you said "if you are looking", I thought you were referring to the original poster, not the general you.

Just wanted to say we've been using our Zee for about 2 weeks now and we both love it! The push, canopy and basket are all great for my needs, and she loves that she can easily climb in and out of it by herself. We've done both the large metro zoo and a camping trip, and it was great for boh.

Thanks again!

Super! My mom loves it too! It's her favourite stroller that I've bought for her over the years (she's had probably 5 or 6 from me. Ha ha.). She loves now easy it is to get up the steps on her deck to bring it into the house.

And isn't the sapphire a nice colour? I'm still surprised how much nicer it is in real than in pics.