Car seat for Road trip

biddyk8

So we are going on a 8ish hour road trip tomorrow, then 8 hours back again next week. Mainly highway but some grid and gravel roads aswell.

Which seat would you choose. a) Peg convertible outboard or b) tribute in the centre?

The peg is her day to day seat, but it doesn't fit centre in our Journey, just cant get a nice install.

The tribute is our travel seat but fits in all positions.

I know in theory both seats are as safe as each other, but I'm just curious would you prefer a centre seat for a long road trip- early in the morning.

T likes both seats, if anything she prefers the tribute :rolleyes:

ADS

tiggercat

You are CDN, right? I migh choose the peg because I like the ARB. If she is comfy in the Tribute, that would be fine too.

biddyk8

Yep we have the ARB. The peg is installed so it will probably be what we go for, unless the centre install would be better.

aeormsby

I'd probably keep the seat outboard so there's more room if you need to sit back there to entertain for part of the trip. And if that's what's already installed I'd leave it (I don't generally move seats for road trips, unless it's my kids now using a NBB and I want them in a HBB for a trip).

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
You could take both?

One time I took DD2 on a 12 hour road trip and didn't bother to take out her brother's seat installed next to her. Best result of laziness ever. I could put her toys and snacks in the extra seat and they were up high enough for her to reach them and whenever she started to complain about her tush being tired of riding the car I switched her to the other seat so she had a different pressure points for awhile.

CarSafetyGuy

You could take both?

One time I took DD2 on a 12 hour road trip and didn't bother to take out her brother's seat installed next to her. Best result of laziness ever. I could put her toys and snacks in the extra seat and they were up high enough for her to reach them and whenever she started to complain about her tush being tired of riding the car I switched her to the other seat so she had a different pressure points for awhile.

This is what I came here to suggest. Bring both and alternate as needed.

biddyk8

We're just home. We stuck with the peg. By the time I mentioned bringing the second one to hubs it had started raining so we weren't going to mess in the rain installing it. No complaints about comfort from her anyway, which was good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC