My first expiry

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The EFTA I bought for DS1 expires today. It's the first seat I've "kept" 'til expiry. (I say "kept" 'cause it lives with my parents. I don't have physical possession ATM. ;) ) I feel old now (probably because I really am, lol. :p)

There were four seats before it; a Designer 22 that I lent out (and it never came back. :rolleyes:,) and an old-school Titan that DS quickly outgrew then I gave away. Then I found this place and I got a Marathon that lived a very short life before it was crashed and it was replaced by our beloved Radian that lives on with my sister.

So yay, another "first" carseat milestone! :p

ADS

Keeanh

Haha, cool :D

My oldest was born in '98 so I've "retired" 2 generations of car seats already. The first expiry of my current set will be the MyRide at the end of 2015. I'm pretty sure I'll still have it, even though it's the spiral cover which is just about the ugliest thing ever. I don't use it much. Only when I need to puzzle with a Radian ;)

katymyers

Aww, sad... The Snugride 32 my boys both used (and came home from the hospital in :sob: ) expires in December. We gave to some friends of ours that are currently using it for their little boy. It was hard letting them have that seat to use but nice that it didn't just expire all alone and unused in our basement. It does break my heart a little though, just because it means my babies aren't babies anymore.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Even with a 17 year old and 3 kids, I have never once kept a seat long enough to expire. :ROTFLMAO:

Well I did find DD1's 8-9 year old backless Turbo in our garage a couple weeks ago, but neither the manual or the seat list an expiry for it so doesn't count. :p

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The mythical non-expiring seat! :eek: That's golden!

I remember asking on here years ago about it. And everyone told me it should expire. But seriously, nothing on the shell or in the manual. DH and I both looked again when we found it a couple weeks ago.

Then I had it him break it as there was stuff rattling inside the shell that had fallen in via the cup holder. And I wanted to know what long lost toy was in there. Rocks. Two "fancy" rocks probably meant to add to a collection. Ha ha.

Aurezalia

I remember asking on here years ago about it. And everyone told me it should expire. But seriously, nothing on the shell or in the manual. DH and I both looked again when we found it a couple weeks ago.

Then I had it him break it as there was stuff rattling inside the shell that had fallen in via the cup holder. And I wanted to know what long lost toy was in there. Rocks. Two "fancy" rocks probably meant to add to a collection. Ha ha.

LOL! Kid treasures. ;)

I have never kept a seat long enough to hit expiration, either. I like playing seat shuffle far too often. :p

hrice

I have a Literider that expires December
'15. That will be the first seat I've kept long enough to reach expiration.

aept

I remember asking on here years ago about it. And everyone told me it should expire. But seriously, nothing on the shell or in the manual. DH and I both looked again when we found it a couple weeks ago. Then I had it him break it as there was stuff rattling inside the shell that had fallen in via the cup holder. And I wanted to know what long lost toy was in there. Rocks. Two "fancy" rocks probably meant to add to a collection. Ha ha.

Aww, too bad it wasn't a long-lost puzzle piece or something! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC