Question Anyone use a Parkway backless?

E&A0607

it's curious. we used ours as a HBB but I realize do don't really read much about people using them as LBB. just looking for experience and opinions in fit for the future :)

ADS

tiggercat

My daughter usually rides with the back, but we have used it backless and it is fine. Nice padding, usually just stow the SG. Fits wider kids than a backless turbo which is nice.

E&A0607

I just thought it was strange I never really read about it. we take the SG clip off anyway but hoping it provides a good backless for in the future. my younger dd is 6.5 and uses it with the back. but I'm also thinking of three across my back seat (just got a new car) and the width if the back may make it hard. so she may ride without the back at times.

Qarin

We're currently using a backless Parkway, for my 9yo (who loves how cushy it is). My 12yo doesn't like the fit, feels it's too narrow, and uses the backless TB when she needs one (which is less and less often).

aeormsby

We recently took the back off DD's PWSGL. She's 8.5 yo, about 60lb and 49-50". She fits in it great. We'll put the back on if we do any road trips. The headrest was up to a point that the seatbelt was catching and rubbing more than I liked.

I was on my tablet last night and it wouldn't let me edit...

DD really likes it backless also, although she never really had any problems with it before either. She has more leg support without the back on.

Last edited:

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
We have 3 Parkways, 2 are SG and one is SGL. We use them all backless, and they are my favorite booster that way. I actually don't care for them as highback boosters (they seemed so narrow on my son's shoulders; I don't think DD has used them with the back). We use the SG ones as spares in my dad's car, and DD use the SGL in DH's car. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC