Roundabout 50

ADS

jjordan

According to the Britax website, it was retired as of 8/2010.... Hmmm...

ETA: Just posting this because it is curious that the Britax website apparently has the wrong date - they do have it correct for the "classic" marathon, which was also a Target exclusive and retired completely this past February. Strange. I think the correct retirement date for the RA 50 is probably the same as the classic marathon, Feb. 2014, although perhaps earlier? They were being sold very inexpensively through Target late last fall. AFAIK Target no longer carries them and hasn't for several months.

steph

I went to the main Britax website (not mobile) and it says Roundabout 50 is sold at Walmart and Amazon.

Doesn't say anything about being retired. But walmart.com doesn't have it listed.

How confusing!!

jjordan

Okay, I think I see what they are doing here. :rolleyes: On the "retired" list, it says "roundabout 50," and says it was retired as of 2/2010. But then in the list of convertibles, it lists "roundabout 50 classic," and I guess THAT is the one that is currently sold...? Weird. Thanks for keeping the same 3 names to refer to 1000 different seats, Britax. ;)

steph

Okay, I think I see what they are doing here. :rolleyes: On the "retired" list, it says "roundabout 50," and that's where I went. But then in the list of convertibles, it lists "roundabout 50 classic," and I guess THAT is the one that is currently sold...? Weird. Thanks for keeping the same 3 names to refer to 1000 different seats, Britax. ;)

I know! Makes it really confusing!

And I can't figure out why the 55 and classic 50 are the same price.

I really wanted to use my old cowmoo cover from my classic MA for a roundabout but I don't want to get a 50 for the same price as a 55.

rachelandtyke

I got one in December from Target.com and the DOM was very recent, so it's possible to get a DOM from last fall.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
I bought mine from amazon in February it had a December 2013 DOM

That said they were running a sale on it and I got it for less than $100

steph

I bought mine from amazon in February it had a December 2013 DOM That said they were running a sale on it and I got it for less than $100

If I got one that cheap I would be okay with a year old DOM but the 55's are only $10 more right now so the smart choice would be that (trying not to let the cowmoo sway me ;) ).

YinzerMama

When they all went crazy cheap last fall, I suspected that was the death knell. I think the one I got had an Oct DOM. I'd expect them to be from the end of last year if you order.

I feel like they were really odd about announcing an official retirement for the classics. Maybe they weren't 100% sure, I don't know. But I knew the classic MA was dead long before they finally posted it.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The RA50 is my all time favorite rear facing seat and I would choose it over the 55 for rear facing every single time. Especially with cowmoo!!!! Though I don't think I'll ever love another cover more than I loved pistachio.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC