Convertible car seat for tall baby- overwhelmed!

U

Unregistered

Hi!

My son is 10 months old, and has always fell in the 90th percentile for height- his last measurement was 99%. I would like for him to erf for as long as I can. His older sister is currently in a Britax Advocate, rear facing, and she just turned 3 (she's obviously not as tall).

I have a 2011 Honda Pilot, so I need something that'll fit next to the Britax...

I maybe complicating things here, but there's an excellent chance that, in say two years, there will be another infant- am I dreaming that I might fit three across?

I've been reading up on the Chicco Nextfit and the Dionos, but admittedly, I am just confused. Any chance anyone has had similar circumstances or could recommend a seat to me?

Thanks so much- I came here almost a year ago for suggestions for a second seat for my daughter...and it was so helpful. Hoping I can get lucky again!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Welcome back! Your Pilot is quite roomy, so a 3-across in the future should be pretty easy. The Diono convertibles will fit well under the Advocate you have for your dd, so if you have to have those 2 seats next to each other, that's something to consider. You'd probably want to pair an angle adjuster with a Radian to make it more upright, but they appear to be out-of-stock everywhere.

The NextFit is nice as well, but I'm not sure how it pairs with the Advocate. Any chance you can head to a Babies R Us to try it out?

Another tall seat that's pretty narrow is the Graco My Size/Head Wise. I think the one sold at Target has all the extra SIP.

U

Unregistered

Oh, thank you SO much! I'm so glad to know that those three seem to work well for tall babies.

I had no idea I could go to a store and "try it out", but I will absolutely do that. I can't seem to find the new Dionos in stock around me just yet...and admittedly I need to research the differences between the three models. Thank you for mentioning the angle adjuster! This has been so very helpful!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC