SureRide Velcro Strap

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's not clear to me from the manual when the strap is to be used; RF, FF or both? There was another unclear instruction, but I'll probably have to repost with that 'cause I can't remember now. :p

ADS

Olga

Re: Surefit Velcro Strap

Do you mean the SureRide? If so, the recline foot should be pulled out (as opposed to folded into the seat bottom) and the velcro strap wrapped around it when rear facing only.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Remove slack but don't pull super tight on it - more than a few people have had the strap pop off of the screw, rendering it unusable RF until a replacement arrives.

Our SureRides don't have a Velcro strap. They have a plastic rectangle with space for the lip of the base to pop under it and lock it.

First photo is locked, second is unlocked.

Last edited:

Pixelated

Our SureRides don't have a Velcro strap. They have a plastic rectangle with space for the lip of the base to pop under it and lock it.

First photo is locked, second is unlocked.

There's no velcro strap on the underside? Huh. That's a change. Is that side-locking-thingy different from the first set released WITH the strap? I'm confused. :scratcheshead:

There's no velcro strap on the underside? Huh. That's a change. Is that side-locking-thingy different from the first set released WITH the strap? I'm confused. :scratcheshead:

There was no Velcro on this seat whatsoever. I was confused too. I looked, hard, and it wasn't there. When I was wondering how the foot was to stay locked I noticed the clips shown above.

Pixelated

There was no Velcro on this seat whatsoever. I was confused too. I looked, hard, and it wasn't there. When I was wondering how the foot was to stay locked I noticed the clips shown above.

What's the DOM on your seat, and what's the date on your manual? I wonder if they made a running change then because the strap coming detached was investigated.

Pixelated

This was a seat at WalMart. I took the pictures the first day that they had the seat on the shelf. I will go to WM tonight and check the display and boxed seats to see what the situation is.

Ah, that's why. The displays don't have the velcro. I went through this same thing when the Titan first appeared at Walmart, and not only did Evenflo have no idea Canada even had a new Titan :rolleyes: they had no answer as to why the velcro might be missing. Mystery solved!

Ah, that's why. The displays don't have the velcro. I went through this same thing when the Titan first appeared at Walmart, and not only did Evenflo have no idea Canada even had a new Titan :rolleyes: they had no answer as to why the velcro might be missing. Mystery solved!

Ah ha! Makes sense. I wonder why it's missing..? How strange.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do you mean the SureRide? If so, the recline foot should be pulled out (as opposed to folded into the seat bottom) and the velcro strap wrapped around it when rear facing only.

Argh, yes, lol. That's what I get posting after bedtime while NAK. :p

Thanks, everyone. :)

kookaburra

My Sureride did not come with a Velcro strap either. I ordered it from Kohls. It has Jan. 20, 2014 DOM. It looks like the one pictured earlier in the thread.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC