erf dirty seats?

AliRR

Well, I weighed my daughter over the weekend and was surprised that she had lost a couple pounds. So just for laughs, I decided to install our Scenera rear-facing and see if she'd ride in it. She's been forward-facing since she was 14 months because I didn't know any better.
She's enjoying "riding backwards" like her baby brother, but one thing I hadn't considered was her rubbing and kicking her shoes all over the seat back. It's been raining here and she's got mud all over.
So what do you do? Do you take your rf kid's shoes off every time you get in the car? Would there be any harm in wrapping a towel around that seat (captain's chair in van) after the carseat is installed so it wouldn't be inhibiting the tightness?

ADS

southpawboston

if you have a split fold-down rear seat, you can "dress" it with a t-shirt-- just fit a t-shirt over the seat back. if you don't have a fold-down seat and you have to drape something like a pillowcase, you can poke holes in the top and "skewer" it into place with the headrest. :thumbsup:

Holly

I bought some very thin denim material and sewed the edges so it looks nice, and then made holes in the top and skewerd the head rests into the holes to hold it in place. I left the bottom long enough to tuck inbetween the bottom of the car seat so that my dd can't play with the fabric with her feet or get her feet under it. It's worked great and it is thin enough that it doesn't interfere with the installation of the seats. It looks nice too!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We have a pillowcase on our seats as well. Our rainy/muddy season just started, so I've gotten DD into the habit of wearing rubber boots to the van, and taking them off as soon as she climbs in. She was getting her car seat all dirty too because she climbs into the seat and her feet get all over it.

clothdiapermom

Senior Community Member
In our car with leather seats I just use a towel over the back of the seat. In the van where I have cloth seats I put a kitchen trash bag over the seat (captains chair) and then put a t shirt over that. If I hadn't done that my seat would have been ruined. The shirt gets washed every couple of months and it is permanently stained.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC