Favorite keyfit pattern?

AuntieKatie

My buying a keyfit for my brother and sister in law and I'm trying to narrow the choices down. Anatomy scan isn't for another month so I have time to decide, but I was wondering what everyone's favorites are. Are any softer than the others? I'm a huge car seat nerd so right now I'm just having fun browsing and loving my options :)

ADS

featherhead

I'm not sure which cover it is, but I got one with a boot that snaps on (not the Keyfit Magic though). It was really nice to have for winter! It kept blankets on my baby quite nicely. I live in Canada, and we get -30 quite often. I would put a sweater and hat on baby, buckle baby in, tuck a blanket around baby, put on the boot, and drape a thick fleece blanket over the whole thing. She was always nice and cozy. In the vehicle I would pull back the fleece blanket so she would be able to get fresh air.

AuntieKatie

I'm not sure which cover it is, but I got one with a boot that snaps on (not the Keyfit Magic though). It was really nice to have for winter! It kept blankets on my baby quite nicely. I live in Canada, and we get -30 quite often. I would put a sweater and hat on baby, buckle baby in, tuck a blanket around baby, put on the boot, and drape a thick fleece blanket over the whole thing. She was always nice and cozy. In the vehicle I would pull back the fleece blanket so she would be able to get fresh air.

That sounds wonderful! The baby is due the first week of December in Vermont so that would be perfect!

AuntieKatie

I love pegasus, but they had the similar Equinox at BRU, so I got that. My LO is about to take his car seat test in it, lol. :)

Awesome! I'm a NICU nurse and I love it when my babies have a keyfit, most of them pass with flying colors!! Good luck and congratulations! :D

Cnidaria

We got the Magic at BRU (Rattania) and liked it. The boot was great in the winter and I liked that extra little bit of canopy coverage. The Rattania pattern is very pleasant. And BRU 20% off coupons are great. The Magic strap covers are ridiculous, though. I wish they would just use normal ones.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love the look of Miro. I don't love the feel on any of them, the Magic covers are a little softer to my mind, but not much.

koda&phiasmama

The current "magic" option at BRU is called solare I love it but it's very elusive. I've been getting maybe 2 at a time and they are gone in a day then don't show up for weeks and the matching stroller is even less frequent. Is listed in out system as "vendor constraint" so I'm assuming they are just having a hard time keeping up with the demand. If you settle on that I would start keeping an eye out.

Oh I'll add that the color is mainly black and then has gold accents and circles it may lean towards girly for some people.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC