Who has a Town & Country and HBB in 3rd row that work well?

6lilbits

Doing some major research and just saw someone else's post on Town & Country being the worst with 3rd row and boosters. So, I would like to know who has this minivan and what HBB/boosters do you have in the 3rd row that work well with safety/seatbelt?
I cannot afford the expensive seats, but was hoping someone would have more affordable option. FYI, the child I am purchasing for is 6 years old, very skinny and on the short side (45 pounds). I had him in a Nautilus back there and switched to an Evenflo because the Nautilus takes up so much space (don't know which kind of Evenflo, but an older one). The Evenflo lap belt doesn't seem to hit at the hips but is a bit higher than I would like. Is this because of the seat or because of the seatbelt of the car.
I have posted so many questions here in the past few days, so I apologize. I am so happy to have found this site. I am thinking of becoming CPST because I am fascinated by all this and love learning all this stuff:)

Also, wondering if it is normal for the shoulder strap of a child in a backless booster to be so far away from their body. Like the strap doesn't touch her chest. Is this safe?

Last edited:
ADS

rachelandtyke

What year do you have? That might make a difference.

We have a 2001. DD1 regularly sits 3rd row driver side in a Recaro Vivo. We also tried the Graco Turbobooster back there, and it worked fine as far as I can remember.

6lilbits

We have a 2011. I just tried my 8 year old back there in her backless booster. Is it normal for the chest strap to not even be touching her shoulder? It is a the right level in regards to her body and being the right size for a backless and the lap belt hits her in the right spot. She is in a Turbobooster. But its like the shoulder strap doesn't even touch her body. I am picking up a Clek Olli for her today from a friend because I like that it has tether, but i'm sure that won't change the fact that the belt is so far away. When my 6 y/o is in a HBB, the the thing that holds the shoulder belt brings the belt close/next to his chest.

6lilbits

I just found that adjuster strap last week but had no clue how to use it. I will see if I can find instructions online. Although, I just got her a Clek Olli and it didn't come with one.

tl01

The shoulder belt should touch her body. Hopefully the strap that came with the turbo will help. Otherwise I would try a hbb.

Mom2Connor

My nephew rides in our 08 T&C back row usually passenger side (no reason just works for us better so the other side can be stowed for the stroller) and is in a turbo HBB fine. The shoulder belt would likely be an issue for us too with a NBB, haven't tried that.

I only have him in the car a few times a yr and he's about the same stats as yours, maybe more like 50 lbs though.

oddduck

I have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan (sister vehicle)...

We have no issues with either the Evenflo Amp or Big Kid back there with my ~7 year old.

jaemom

I have a 2012 and have the even foo amp and a recarao Vivo back there. The TB did not work for us, and I have my 6 and 8 yo still in hub because the belts don't come near their shoulders in a backless. The clip didn't help here.

njkj

I occasional use a Turbo SS in or 2012 with out issue other than the belt comes out of the belt path easy. I think it is more of a belt guide issue though not the seat belt. No lbb works ob. I have written multiple posts in Chrysler's FB page with out a single comment from them. The 3rd row seat recline and I so wish they could be put more upright bc I am pretty sure that would solve the problem. Ugh!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC