Need ideas for 4yo

arichmykal

My 4yo, 40lbs and 41 inches and 15in torso is in a Graco Turbo Booster in my Town and Country and I am getting him an 86Y harness to go with it. This seems to work so if he falls asleep he is still properly harnessed. Dh just bought a truck. It is an O2 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. We tried my son who has had no problem in my van in the TurboBooster without the harness has a huge problem in Dh's truck. I think the seat sits to upright so when he falls asleep he falls forward on to the seat belt or falls to the side out of the seat belt. I thought about an Apex but it doesn't have a headrest in it. We also don't have the money to buy a Radian or Regent. Any ideas as to what we can do? My other son is in a CarGo booster in the truck and my 11yo sits in the middle.

Thanks

Jenny
Mykal 11yo
Noah 11/23/99 45lbs/48inches in a CarGo booster
Owin 4yrs 40lbs/41 inches in a TurboBooster

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
How high is your son's head relative to the back seat? Is there enough head support to use something like a ridesafer travel vest?

Is there adequate head support in the middle (and is there a lap/shoulder belt) for your 11 year old?

arichmykal

I am not sure where my 4yo'd head is in comparison to the back of the seat but if it is over it isn't by much. I was actually suprised at how tall the back seat was in the truck. I have never looked into a ridesafer vest but I will.

There is a lap/shoulder belt in all 3 positions in the truck or I would have used the 86Y for my 11yo. His head is above the seat though.

Thanks.

Jenny

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC