Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Need ideas for 4yo

My 4yo, 40lbs and 41 inches and 15in torso is in a Graco Turbo Booster in my Town and Country and I am getting him an 86Y harness to go with it. This seems to work so if he falls asleep he is still properly harnessed. Dh just bought a truck. It is an O2 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. We tried my son who has had no problem in my van in the TurboBooster without the harness has a huge problem in Dh's truck. I think the seat sits to upright so when he falls asleep he falls forward on to the seat belt or falls to the side out of the seat belt. I thought about an Apex but it doesn't have a headrest in it. We also don't have the money to buy a Radian or Regent. Any ideas as to what we can do? My other son is in a CarGo booster in the truck and my 11yo sits in the middle.

Thanks

Jenny
    Mykal 11yo
    Noah 11/23/99 45lbs/48inches in a CarGo booster
    Owin 4yrs 40lbs/41 inches in a TurboBooster

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician

Re: Need ideas for 4yo

How high is your son's head relative to the back seat? Is there enough head support to use something like a ridesafer travel vest?

Is there adequate head support in the middle (and is there a lap/shoulder belt) for your 11 year old?

Re: Need ideas for 4yo

I am not sure where my 4yo'd head is in comparison to the back of the seat but if it is over it isn't by much. I was actually suprised at how tall the back seat was in the truck. I have never looked into a ridesafer vest but I will.

There is a lap/shoulder belt in all 3 positions in the truck or I would have used the 86Y for my 11yo. His head is above the seat though.

Thanks.

Jenny