Question Finding the right Car Seat

U

Unregistered

Hey there,

I am totally new to car seats and have no idea. I need a convertible car seat for children starting 1 year old. I have an in home daycare and need the seat to be for occasional trips and emergencies only...I don't need an every day car seat.

I have a VERY limited budget, $50 is the absolute max I can spend at this point. It would be great if it was cheaper. Any help?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Welcome!

While there are seats in that price range, they most likely won't fit all kids you might watch. The Cosco Apt or Scenera will fit most one year olds rear facing on their birthdays, as will the Evenflo Tribute, but some will already have outgrown them rear-facing by height by the time they are one and a half or two (two is the minimum recommendation to forward face), and some will outgrow them entirely by three or so.

If you could stretch to $60, an Evenflo Titan 65 (not the regular Titan) will fit most kids from birth to around five to seven years old (rear-facing to two to four, forward facing after that.) Burlington often has it in stock for $60.

Now, if you only watch one to three year olds, and they are all on the smaller side, a Scenera or Apt may do fine!

revz22

CPST Instructor
Another vote the the SureRide/Titan65. The Apt meets your budget criteria but, like the previous poster said, isn't a long lasting seat, and is outgrown FF at the same time it's outgrown RF. Also, the Apt is wide at the head, where the Titan65 is a fairly narrow seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC