Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member rxmommy's Avatar

RFing seat recommendations - needing more leg room

Hello! I need a new seat for my nearly 2-year-old. He currently rides in a Boulevard, but even with as short as he is he's running out of leg room. I realize he's not uncomfortable, but I'd like something new for the winter when he's stuffed in the seat with boots on.

I drive a 2006 Odyssey and he rides in a captain's chair. He weighs about 26lbs and I just measured him at 33" and a 13" torso - but he was not terribly cooperative, lol. He is short and light so we do not need a tall seat.

We used to have a True Fit and my husband hated it. What else should I look at that would fit in my van?
    Annie, mommy to...
    Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel #3 10/08,
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: RFing seat recommendations - needing more leg room

What kind of budget do you have in mind?

The Maxi Cosi Pria has phenomenal leg room and fits well in the majority of vehicles. But it's kind of spendy.

The Safety 1st Complete Air has pretty good leg room and is less expensive, but tends to be a trickier install/fit in some cars.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

4. Thank You from:

Our PVC (PP Primo Viaggio convertible) has much more legroom than our Britax seat. We do have the ARB here though which sits it back further than without.

For winter, I buy car boots, which means they must be slip on and not have velcro or laces or zippers. Usually Fuggs or real Uggs if I can get a good sale. Then I just pull them off before getting into the rear-facing seat.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

6. Thank You from:

Less than $200. Hoping I can sell my Boulevard (it's not even a year old yet!) to cut some of that cost.
    Annie, mommy to...
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

The Size4Me65 has a coupon right now on Amazon. Would that fit? More leg room?
    Annie, mommy to...
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

Yes, the Size4Me could work. Also look at the SureRide/Titan65. It has a very deep seat and lots of leg room.