Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

can an infant car seat fit in the overhead compartment in an airplane?

A friend ask me this and I didn't know, I know that the Radian folded does fit but don't know about an infant seat, I think it's a Graco
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: can an infant car seat fit in the overhead compartment in an airplane?

If it's a really really big plane (like a transatlantic plane) and if they can board early enough that the overhead bins aren't full and if the flight staff allows it (because it's going to be bigger than the "allowed" carry on allowance) then it might.

Otherwise, no. And if the bins are empty enough that the flight staff lets it through, it's probably because the flight isn't full and it would be better to use it in an empty seat.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

Quote Originally Posted by Brigala View Post
    If it's a really really big plane (like a transatlantic plane) and if they can board early enough that the overhead bins aren't full and if the flight staff allows it (because it's going to be bigger than the "allowed" carry on allowance) then it might.

Otherwise, no. And if the bins are empty enough that the flight staff lets it through, it's probably because the flight isn't full and it would be better to use it in an empty seat.
    I can ask her if she knows what time of plane is it
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

Boeing Douglas MD-80 and Boeing 757
    Lourdes

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

I would say definitely not on the MD-80. Don't know about the 757.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Quote Originally Posted by rachelandtyke View Post
    I would say definitely not on the MD-80. Don't know about the 757.
    Ok thanks
    Lourdes

Carseat Crazy

I was actually going to ask the same question. Any idea if a Keyfit would fit in the bin of a 777-200 (LAX-TLV route, I believe nine seats across). My recollection is that it should be fine, but curious if anyone knows.