Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

What happened to the Britax bike seat?

Anyone know? It hasn't been available for a while now on Amazon. I've been using a Topeak but had to take the rack off to be able to use a trail-a-bike and if the Britax design works on my bike I think it might work around that (not to be able to use both at the same time but to be able to use either one depending on which kid I am with without having to use tools and remove and re-install something)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: What happened to the Britax bike seat?

Hmmmm. Well I may have found an answer. Thule makes a baby seat that is pretty much identical. So either Thule bought the Britax design or it's another case of Britax copying someone else's design and being told to cease and desist?

Carseat Crazy
    Sorry I don't know anything about the Britax bike seat, but have you looked at any of the Peg Perego ones? I saw an ad recently that they have a couple new ones but am not sure on their attachments to the adult bike.

Is a front attached seat an option? I love our Yepp Mini! The Yepp Maxi attaches to the rear, but is pricey.

I have the yepp maxi and love it!
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

CPS Fanatic

Re: What happened to the Britax bike seat?

I'm not very keen on the idea of a front mount... I'm not sure it would fit on my bike, and they tend to have lower backs and my kid often falls asleep back there. (the rear mount ones also tend to hold a bigger kid)
    Last edited by YinzerMama; 05-28-2014 at 03:11 PM.