Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

indie twin vs mountain buggy duet

Hello yet again. I had a couple of post asking about the mb duet. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm getting. BUT, what about the indie twin? Is the 29" vs the 25" of the mb going to make that much difference? I'm thinking the duet folds a little smaller, witch is nice. the indie looks great though. Very pretty.
    I'm pretty sure if have to take the indie wheels of tho fit in the van.

I don't like bjcmd gt's basket. And I need bigger tires than the zap strollers, as it will be used at the zoo, park, etc.

I like the duets narrowness for museums and other indoor outing.

So witch of these 2 would you pick?

Thanks so much for humoring me!
    Kelley- mom of seven!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: indie twin vs mountain buggy duet

I'd pick the duet because the fully loaded push is better, though both are nice. (unless someone near you is selling an easywalker duo!)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

4. Thank You from:

Kel

What do you think of the width of the indie twin? Any issues getting through doorways ect with doubles that are 29"?

Good to know about the push fully loaded. I have an issue with over loading strollers, lol.

Easy walker duo? Off to Google....
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Duet, by far. I just bought one used (but almost brand new) from someone in the local BW'ing group and I LOVE IT. I love the Indie Twin colors, but the push is subpar. My duet is great even with a 40lb 4yo, 30lb1yo, and a bunch of crap piled on it - easy one handed push! And the width is AMAZING. So so glad it's slim as there have been a few places (very crowded, or marginal walkways, etc) where I've been glad I'm able to squeeze through when I wouldn't with anything any wider. Shockingly if I pop the wheels off, I can even fit it in the back of my Mazda5 with one of the 50/50 split third row seats up - it squeezes in behind it!! Basically, I it!
    Last edited by Aurezalia; 05-26-2014 at 07:40 PM.

7. Thank You from:

Kel

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your 4 yr old fit. I was worrying about that. My just turned 4 yr old is 39# and maybe 40". I have a tiny 25 month old that is only in the 3rd% for height, and we're ttc.

The width is what's so appealing to me. With six kids, we take up so much room everywhere we go, that I don't want a bulky stroller.

How do you like the storage basket? And are the wheels easy to take on and off?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear your 4 yr old fit. I was worrying about that. My just turned 4 yr old is 39# and maybe 40". I have a tiny 25 month old that is only in the 3rd% for height, and we're ttc. The width is what's so appealing to me. With six kids, we take up so much room everywhere we go, that I don't want a bulky stroller. How do you like the storage basket? And are the wheels easy to take on and off?
    Storage basket is more than adequate, I can shove a few bags &baby carrier down there if need be. The back wheels pop RIGHT off so easily, it's not a hassle at all.
    image-3561866714.jpg

Here are the littles in it. 4yo is on the smaller side but still has plenty of room left, even more with the canopy open. Width wise she's absolutely fine.
    Last edited by Aurezalia; 05-26-2014 at 08:20 PM.

10. Thank You from:

Kel

Thank you so much for the picture! That really helps. I found pics online, buggy knowing the kids weights is great. Glad the wheels come off easily. I may need to take them on and off.
    I'm going to go ahead and order it this week. My DH wants to drive up to the museum's in Chicago soon. I think the duet will be perfect for this. I'm afraid of being with all the kids and not fitting in a small isle or something with a bigger stroller, lol.
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Any thoughts on the Mountain buggy dou instead of the duet?
    Is the Duo overkill for parks and the zoo? Is it to big for museums ect?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

After much thought on this I ordered the indie twin. My 4 yr old need a little more room than the duet has. I also love the bigger basket and color. Can't wait!!!
    Kelley- mom of seven!