indie twin vs mountain buggy duet

Kel

Hello yet again. I had a couple of post asking about the mb duet. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm getting. BUT, what about the indie twin? Is the 29" vs the 25" of the mb going to make that much difference? I'm thinking the duet folds a little smaller, witch is nice. the indie looks great though. Very pretty.
I'm pretty sure if have to take the indie wheels of tho fit in the van.

I don't like bjcmd gt's basket. And I need bigger tires than the zap strollers, as it will be used at the zoo, park, etc.

I like the duets narrowness for museums and other indoor outing.

So witch of these 2 would you pick?

Thanks so much for humoring me!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd pick the duet because the fully loaded push is better, though both are nice. (unless someone near you is selling an easywalker duo!)

Kel

What do you think of the width of the indie twin? Any issues getting through doorways ect with doubles that are 29"?

Good to know about the push fully loaded. I have an issue with over loading strollers, lol.

Easy walker duo? Off to Google....

Aurezalia

Duet, by far. I just bought one used (but almost brand new) from someone in the local BW'ing group and I LOVE IT. I love the Indie Twin colors, but the push is subpar. My duet is great even with a 40lb 4yo, 30lb1yo, and a bunch of crap piled on it - easy one handed push! And the width is AMAZING. So so glad it's slim as there have been a few places (very crowded, or marginal walkways, etc) where I've been glad I'm able to squeeze through when I wouldn't with anything any wider. Shockingly if I pop the wheels off, I can even fit it in the back of my Mazda5 with one of the 50/50 split third row seats up - it squeezes in behind it!! Basically, I :love: :love: :love: it!

Last edited:

Kel

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your 4 yr old fit. I was worrying about that. My just turned 4 yr old is 39# and maybe 40". I have a tiny 25 month old that is only in the 3rd% for height, and we're ttc.

The width is what's so appealing to me. With six kids, we take up so much room everywhere we go, that I don't want a bulky stroller.

How do you like the storage basket? And are the wheels easy to take on and off?

Aurezalia

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your 4 yr old fit. I was worrying about that. My just turned 4 yr old is 39# and maybe 40". I have a tiny 25 month old that is only in the 3rd% for height, and we're ttc. The width is what's so appealing to me. With six kids, we take up so much room everywhere we go, that I don't want a bulky stroller. How do you like the storage basket? And are the wheels easy to take on and off?

Storage basket is more than adequate, I can shove a few bags &baby carrier down there if need be. The back wheels pop RIGHT off so easily, it's not a hassle at all.
image-3561866714.jpg

Here are the littles in it. 4yo is on the smaller side but still has plenty of room left, even more with the canopy open. Width wise she's absolutely fine.

Last edited:

Kel

Thank you so much for the picture! That really helps. I found pics online, buggy knowing the kids weights is great. Glad the wheels come off easily. I may need to take them on and off.
I'm going to go ahead and order it this week. My DH wants to drive up to the museum's in Chicago soon. I think the duet will be perfect for this. I'm afraid of being with all the kids and not fitting in a small isle or something with a bigger stroller, lol.

Kel

Any thoughts on the Mountain buggy dou instead of the duet?
Is the Duo overkill for parks and the zoo? Is it to big for museums ect?

Kel

After much thought on this I ordered the indie twin. My 4 yr old need a little more room than the duet has. I also love the bigger basket and color. Can't wait!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC