Britax RA - Leopard

Morganthe

I dropped off my stuff to sell at this huge consigment charity semi-annual sale. While they were processing my stuff, I mosied through everything including carseats.

There was a Britax Roundabout with a very soft Leopard print cover priced at $35. I couldn't figure out where the expiration date on the seat was. The only thing that seemed to be wrong --OTHER THAN THERE WERE NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL!! :mad: was that there were these two streaks of light green on the white plastic under where a child's leg would be. I'm not sure if this was normal or not.

So anyway, I'll be going over there on Thursday evening for the first-look consigners' only sale. How do I tell if it's expired?
(I checked along the edges under the cover and didn't see anything.

If I were to purchase it, would it be worth destroying the seat and selling the cover to make up the very precious dollars I'd spend doing this.

I'm not sure if it was called Leopard.. but it was a soft light rich brown with spots all over.

Ideas?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Perhaps it was the "Big Cat" print?

1439272-l.jpg

MomToEliEm

The manufacturer date/model number/serial number were on the side of my roundabout right under the directions. That cover could probably be sold for a lot on ebay.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I purchased a "Big Cat" Roundabout in late 2001 or very early 2002 (so probably a 2001 DOM). It was very soft and plush.

Morganthe

Yes, it was very soft and plush... It could be the same as the 'big cat'. The picture looks very similar, thanks :thumbsup:

I'm just remembering the paw prints to be more like dots, but then again, I have a very dodgy memory :eek: It was around the same color, so I bet that's it.

As long as I can make the same amount of money for what I pay for it, I'll do it for safety's sake. But only IF it's there by the time I get to the sale. Can't do anything more, I guess :shrug-shoulders:
I'm going later that evening so I can take a friend on my 'guest pass'.

There's "Only" 450 of us consigners :p

Synchro246

I just saw a big cat RA cover go for I think $32 + shipping on ebay. I was going to bid, but forgot. I would have bid $35 :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It might have been Puma, that's newer.

I'll buy it from you...my dd is obsessed with big cat prints :p

:)

crunchierthanthou

I've only seen Britax DOM stickers under the lip of the shell on the child's left (right side while facing it) or under the cover on the front edge of the shell- above the harness adjuster button. If the stickers are missing, it really isn't safe to continue using. I think it would be worth it and you would at least break even selling the cover. Plus you could scavange pieces for carseat related craft projects. or something. :p

Morganthe

I've only seen Britax DOM stickers under the lip of the shell on the child's left (right side while facing it) or under the cover on the front edge of the shell- above the harness adjuster button. If the stickers are missing, it really isn't safe to continue using. I think it would be worth it and you would at least break even selling the cover.

Okay, I didn't check UNDER the shell lip. Only under the seat cover itself. There were stickers on the side, but nothing about manufacture info.

Plus you could scavange pieces for carseat related craft projects. or something. :p
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:
Wiping tears from my eyes -- Me do craft projects without a gun to my proverbial head? Hah, thou jests mightily :p

Jools, since I dont' know Britax carseat covers, it could be Puma too. :shrug-shoulders:

If it's there, I'll purchase it. But since I don't get there until a little later, if one of the consigners take it, I'm sol. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:
Wiping tears from my eyes -- Me do craft projects without a gun to my proverbial head? Hah, thou jests mightily :p

:eek:

LOL, I'm the least crafty person alive...but man, gimme a spare carseat harness and I'll go to work! I actually cut holes in a fake graco infant seat (for a doll) so I could put a Britax harness in it! It was COOL! Way cooler than the harness I added to the fake turbobooster (ok, that was weird, but I was inspired...) :D

Starlight

Senior Community Member
LOL, I'm the least crafty person alive...but man, gimme a spare carseat harness and I'll go to work! I actually cut holes in a fake graco infant seat (for a doll) so I could put a Britax harness in it! It was COOL! Way cooler than the harness I added to the fake turbobooster (ok, that was weird, but I was inspired...) :D

Hmmm... I don't see your name on the Secret Santa / Secret Wintertime Holiday gift exchange of a crafty item that somehow ties into carseats.

Shall we add you to the list???

:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC