New meaning of convertible car seat!

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm almost positive there was some home inventor somewhere on the internet with a prototype for that that we discussed.

Aurezalia

I saw this earlier and it looks AMAZING! It's going to be perfect for city-dwelling parents. I hope it's a nice tall infant seat that will last awhile... like the SR35? :D

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, I think I saw a teaser for this at ABC last year. It was at the same booth as the company that had a wheelie-board-thing as a JPMA Parent's Choice finalist. All they had was a picture of a wheel and something indicating it had something to do with a car seat, but the guy wouldn't tell us anything other than it was revolutionary and had never been done before. I thought of a seat-to-stroller concept, but that HAS been done before. Anyway, I kind of forgot about it, but I bet this is it.

rachandsoph

That is very, very cool! Wonder if the handle will extend a bit higher? How perfect for holiday travel would that be?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That is so neat! It is perfect for those who live in the city or travel by taxi/bus/train frequently.

Aurezalia

Yeah, in Europe it's retailing for $500USD, but Jamie (babyguynyc) said that won't be the price point here, so it will be at least a bit cheaper. No word yet on what it will be though :)

BananaBoat

The article posted by OP is from Magic Beans which is a local boutique baby store. It states at the end of the article that they (the store) expects to have the Doona in store in October with a price point of $379-$399.
While specs have not been absolutely finalized, we anticipate that the Doona Infant Car Seat / Stroller will be suitable for your baby to use from birth to 35 pounds or 32” of height, it will weigh 15.5 pounds, and it will cost somewhere around $379 – $399. We anticipate having stock around October of 2014 – if you want to be the first to order yours, you can sign up for alerts here.

It helps to read the link...

1mommy

The article posted by OP is from Magic Beans which is a local boutique baby store. It states at the end of the article that they (the store) expects to have the Doona in store in October with a price point of $379-$399. It helps to read the link...

Note that that price likely does not include a base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC