Question Evenflo Maestro harness not sitting flush

eaglemommy

My son is 35 inches and 28lbs. The harness is on the second slot. I feel like the harness isn't sitting flush against him even though it's tight from the chest clip up. enough to dig into his shoulders. What am I doing wrong? I feel like i can't even tighten it anymore then it is.

ADS

aeormsby

How is it not sitting flush? With FF seats it's common for there to be more space between the body & straps over the stomach area. It can happen even if the straps are nice and snug. You don't want the straps to be digging in, as long as you can't pinch the straps at his shoulders (and all the slack has been removed over the hips/legs) it should be fine.

If you can post a picture it might help with comments also.

eaglemommy

That's where it's not flush. At his stomach area. All the slack is removed from the legs and it's definitely snug. I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Maybe it is normal though. I wasn't aware there could be space between the child and the harness straps in that area. Thanks!

Keeyamah

I've had my son in 4 different seats forward facing. And I'm pretty sure in all of them, there is or was a gap in the harness around his tummy. It's just something in how a harness sits in a forward facing seat. Well, now that I think about it, when he was close to outgrowing the Costco Scenera he rode in Daddy's truck there might not have been, but he was nearly at the max height and weight for that seat, so :). But in that same seat when he first turned FFing, there was a gap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC