Question Mazda 5 3rd row HBB

mcomommy

So my husband was in an accident. He was fine but now we need new seats. DD2 and DS1 sit in the back and used a Graco Affix high back and a Nautilus. I was thinking of just getting two high backs since DS1 will be 6 very soon. My vivo fit great but I can't find them :( with the affix the belt was always getting twisted which was annoying.

So my question is what seats fit well with the belt path back there?

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Just saw a post on Facebook yesterday on this very same fit issue. The poster commented that the Safety 1st Elite 80 fit well in addition to the Argos. (both in HBB mode) Of course neither are dedicated boosters :(

mcomommy

Yeah I want to get a dedicated booster. I will just go with the Affix again if I have too, it was not a safety issue but annoying non the less.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Argos or Nautilus work great, IF you can find a bargain basement price on it, you might not care that you're getting a harness you don't need.
I'm laughing at the very idea of the Elite 80 back there, the seat is bigger than the car (leg room? Kids don't need no stinking legroom).

katymyers

Argos or Nautilus work great, IF you can find a bargain basement price on it, you might not care that you're getting a harness you don't need. I'm laughing at the very idea of the Elite 80 back there, the seat is bigger than the car (leg room? Kids don't need no stinking legroom).
Leg room is totally overrated :p I spent most of my childhood in the backseat of an extended cab Chevy pickup and I'm fine lol.

I have a 2006 Mazda5.
The ONLY booster fitting there (regarding to the shoulder belt beeing stuck in the shoulder guide) is the First Years Pathway B570. The belt retracts freely. If you want one, try to buy one soon because First Years will stop to produce car seats.
I'm a little bit surprised that someone had a good experience with the Nautilus. In my car, with my kids (6yo and 9 yo), the shoulder belt didn t retract freely. And it was so wide that it was difficult to buckle the seat (there was an other seat ff next to it).
I've also tried with no luck: 2013 Parkway, Monterey, Oobr, Harmony dreamtime.
If you find an other booster than the Pathway fitting in the 3rd row, let me know!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I juuuuuust gave away my Pathway last week, right after I got my Mazda, lol. Didn't think to try it, since the seat was discontinued :eek:
I don't know what year it is, Skipspin is the poster here who's Nautilus worked, though, it's been a couple years since I've seen it with my own eyes.

Yeah, I've read here a lot of time that the Nautilus was fitting fine in the Mazda5. So I was REALLY disappointed when I realized that it didn'nt work for us. i even tried it with the headrest in many position, just in case that it would work better when the headrest is higher or lower...

amyd

The Nautilus works in my Mazda 5, but I have a 2010 so after the redesigned third row. Evenflo Amp works as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC