Question Performance Booster: True red or orange-red? - And Tango PKWY?

Athena

After reading it's taller than I had thought, I'm considering trying this one for a secondary seat. I was thinking purple, but I see this red is only $111 on diapers.com.
http://www.diapers.com/p/recaro-performance-booster-high-back-booster-car-seat-redd-935227
That's a good price, right? The problem is it doesn't look red to me. What's it like IRL?

While I'm on the topic, is the tango PKWY red or what? I'd like to have the option of a 2013 PKWY, but I really don't like any of the fabric options. Britax used to have such nice fabrics. What happened? :(

Thank you!!!

ADS

aeormsby

It looks like the red is the same as the red piping on the Vibe color (which is what we have) and that one's a true red IRL. I was going to order red when we got ours but DS like the gray/black with red trim better.

Athena

Thanks! Are those prices good? This is the first time I've really looked at this seat so I don't really know what they usually run.

E&A0607

The tango parkway is an orange color, IMO. My dd thought it looked red in pictures and still insists it's kinda red. it's a reddish orange. She's happy with it lol.

YinzerMama

It is a true red. I had it in my husband's prius which is red and it looked super duper snazzy but I didn't care for the seat otherwise.

Athena

I paid $91 for ours, but that was Black Friday sales - not sure what a good sale price is for them now.

Was that for the red?

The tango parkway is an orange color, IMO. My dd thought it looked red in pictures and still insists it's kinda red. it's a reddish orange. She's happy with it lol.

:( There are things I really like about the previous SGL and I think I'd like the new one even better. But I'm really unimpressed with the fabric options.

It is a true red. I had it in my husband's prius which is red and it looked super duper snazzy but I didn't care for the seat otherwise.

Sounds pretty! Decision, decisions. :eek:

Athena

I just thought of one other question about these two boosters. Any idea if they work in the center position where often the seat is slightly elevated/humped? I'd like to take the rare opportunity to use the center position while she's the only one riding in that back seat, but the slight hump made her turbo tippy. I suspect that might happen with all boosters, but one can hope. I've used a harnessed seat in that center position, but the tight seat belt install must have eliminated the problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC