Evenflo Sureride RF on plane?

abbyful

Has anybody tried RF-ing on a plane with this seat? We are flying on Southwest. Thanks!

Edit to add: DS will be almost 2 when we go. At 18 months, he was 33.5 inches and 26.5 pounds.

Edit 2: Would it be horrible if he FF on the plane?

Last edited:
ADS

cantabdad

I haven't used that particular carseat. If for some reason it only fits FF, FF is OK over 1 year / 20 lbs per FAA recommendation, and certainly safer than travel by motor vehicle.

aeormsby

I don't have any experience with the Sureride for RF on the plane (I've RF a classic Marathon & Safety 1st Uptown which are probably similarly sized). But I had no problem FF my kids on the plane once they were over 18 months if it was easier (I had some annoying people in front of the RF carseats a few times and I don't like confrontation). Once or twice I'm pretty sure I didn't even bother changing the straps for correct FF height for the flight. :eek:

kaharris83

I kept my DS1 rear facing on the plane until he outgrew his CCO rear facing at around 25 months. When we flew again he was in the Sureride and FFing. I'm almost certain you won't be able to RF the Sureride on the plane. Though we did fly one of the newly refurbished/built SWA planes a few months ago and it had more legroom than the others. Noticably so, but I still don't think a Sureride would fit RFing on that one. We have switched to a Guide 65 due to the compactness. I would just FF your little on on the airplane. :) Happy travels!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC