Huh, learned something neat about my preschool

Keeyamah

Quinn attends a special needs preschool through the public school system here. I don't remember it from last year, but I was more than a little overwhelmed with evaluations, IEP meetings, speech eval's and all that that happens when you first learn your kid isn't "normal". Well, we've got our new normal now and I got the form for bus transport next year. There is a question on there about how much does the child weigh. If the child is under 50lbs, they are harnessed :). That makes me happy except that Quinn will be 50lbs by next school year, he's about 48-49 depending on if he's clothed or not. But he's booster training and doing well and riding the bus is his favorite part of going to school :p, so he behaves himself.

ADS

Keeyamah

Ha. That is neat but my last would have been in a booster at 3.. :)

Yeah, Quinn hit 40lbs and 40" at 2.5 and Sean's not too far behind big bro, but he seems to be slowing down sooner than Quinn did. And it's a school bus that he is on, a short one, but a school bus, so he isn't boostered there, lol. Only with me, he's still in his FR85 with my mom and will be until he outgrows it harnessed sometime next year. Then I'll decide if I leave the harness in for Sean and buy him a dedicated booster, or switch it to a booster for him. Kinda depends on whether Sean is still RFing by then, or when he turns in his RXT's.

Baylor

IT is still nice. My son is the biggest one in his class in Kindergarten. Not just in weight but a good head above the other kids.
But there are many in hit class that would still fit that under 50lbs limit.

Keeyamah

I'm expecting Quinn to be the biggest in his class as well, or at least in the top 3, he already is one of the tallest in his class. Hard to tell sometimes because they're playing outside now when I go get them, so it's the 4's, 5's and school kids on the big equipment (the babies, 2's and 3's have a separate outdoor playing area).

MotoMommaNH

Well that's kind of refreshing!

I was just signing G up for preschool this coming fall. Part of the general consent form was to allow him to ride in the "center van with the use of a booster seat, for the purpose of attending off-site field trips or special events."

Of course they'd send a notice home when they are scheduled for permissions. I wrote my own little blurb under that section that he won't be riding in a booster seat in their van. I don't want to be a killjoy, and I'm sure most people don't say a thing; but they aren't me! :cool:

I could drive him myself or even install his seat in their van, but there's no way I'm signing a general release for that.

Good for your school for instating those rules!

bnsnyde

My daughter did the special ed. preschool for speech. Nobody could understand a word she said. They had her reading and writing at age 4 (she entered at 3), and now in kindergarten she just exited speech and is exceeding standards. It was a wonderful program; well beyond what you'd get elsewhere.

Anyway, they asked me what I wanted her in. I said harness, but they gave me this weird harness thing. I posted about it. Nobody could tell what it was, exactly. No brand. No crash testing. I decided not to use it and asked for a Stars seat. This was perfect! Another mom actually saw the one we used and requested one for her kid! :) He was a little boy with down syndrome who didn't like the harness thing at all, and he loved his Stars harnessed seat.

Many of the kids were just in the lap belt. It was a small school bus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC