Played with the new Peg 4.35!

jordansmom

I was pleasantly surprised to have a cooperative two year old and see new seats at our local BuyBuyBaby yesterday! I had a few moments to play with the Cybex Aton 2 (they didn't use to have it in store) and the Peg Perego 4.35. I loved the compactness of both seats. The Cybex canopy leaves a lot to the imagination:( . LOVED the Peg seat! I almost wish I hadn't seen it because I already have a perfectly good infant seat to use for our July baby, but find myself trying to convince myself to splurge.

I was impressed by the fabrics, compactness, clean lines, and all the padding. I can definitely see this fitting small babies well!

Anyone buy one and using it yet?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Aton Q has a bigger canopy if that is a thing for you.

The new base does look way less bitey and easier to install than the old one. A lady was there irate because it doesn't fit the same stroller adaptors though.

jordansmom

The Aton Q has a bigger canopy if that is a thing for you. The new base does look way less bitey and easier to install than the old one. A lady was there irate because it doesn't fit the same stroller adaptors though.

The base was very low profile and the seat clipped in and out easily. Very lightweight!

I haven't seen the Q in person but the pictures look like they considerably increased the canopy size.

If only I "needed" a new seat!

wavegal

I am going to play with this tomorrow at buybuybaby! I am planning on buying this for LO due in sept, luckily my infant seat expires in dec!

jordansmom

Does it have the same bum padding for little ones as the 30/30 did?

I'm guessing it's different but I don't have any experience with the 30/30 version. From what I heard this was a complete redesign. The insert is a two piece adjustable insert and really allowed for a lot of customization. Or so it seemed!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm guessing it's different but I don't have any experience with the 30/30 version. From what I heard this was a complete redesign. The insert is a two piece adjustable insert and really allowed for a lot of customization. Or so it seemed!

Yeah it was a way nicer insert.

wavegal

Went to see it, I have more pics too , this is my 29mth old, he only seems to have outgrown it by an inch in terms if torso height (he's 34in so 2 in above the height limit). Haven't decided which color I want yet

image-3872446501.jpg

image-1605464357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Spam

cutie! I really love the look of this seat, and so badly want a reason to have one lol

Keeanh

I think I just decided to give away my KF so I have to get one for the next baby LOL

jordansmom

Thanks for the pictures! It didn't even occur to me to try my 2 1/2 year old in it just for kicks.

I've been slightly obsessed since seeing it, but then was also comparing the Aton Q and Nuna Pipa. I think I'm scheming how I might convince DH baby girl will need a new seat ;).

Any thoughts on a comparison between the three I mentioned? Load leg vs. rebound bar? Overall size and weight of seat?

wavegal

We have to keep my expiring graco in the living room for him or he will hunt it down so all I had to do was put it on the ground ;). I haven't gotten my hands on the pipa yet, I considered that along with this, the Aton I nixed from my list because it won't last as long as I like to use the carrier ( used it till almost 2 with yds). I have to go to a specialty store to see the pippa, but iirc the sunshade is smaller which is a con to me

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

jordansmom

We have to keep my expiring graco in the living room for him or he will hunt it down so all I had to do was put it on the ground ;). I haven't gotten my hands on the pipa yet, I considered that along with this, the Aton I nixed from my list because it won't last as long as I like to use the carrier ( used it till almost 2 with yds). I have to go to a specialty store to see the pippa, but iirc the sunshade is smaller which is a con to me Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

In pictures the Pipa canopy is similar looking to the Peg 4.35, but it has the awesome dream drape!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC