Votes: 56 71.8%
  • No Back Booster

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing, 5 steps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ADS

Athena

Size heavily influences my options. She was in a harness until outgrown and now a HBB. She hasn't asked for a LBB, so as long as we're both happy. ;) HTH.

P.S. Is it possible for a 7yo to 5 step? Just curious.

Lenae

Does my 6.5 year old count? He rides in a Performance Booster and a ProBooster. He'll still be using them when he's 7. We'll revisit the idea of a backless booster when he's 8. Size doesn't make a difference for me, because I don't have a giant kiddo who can't fit in a HBB. I also don't subscribe to "harness forever" because Colton is small and would be in a harness till he was 12, lol.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
She just turned 8 a few days ago, but she moved to a hbb at 6y9m when she outgrew the Frontier 85 harness.

At seven i'm ok with kids moving if they want to even if they still fit harnessed.

mimieliza

My DD is 7.5, 50 lbs. She rides in a Performance Booster (high back) in DH's car and a Graco Connext (backless) in my car.

jacqui276

When DD was 7 she was roughly 60lbs and was in a backless turbo booster. She is now 9, almost 10, 72lbs and in a Clek olli.

MommyShannon

At 7, DD mostly used a Parkway SGL with back. DS is 6.5 and mostly uses a FR85 in booster mode or a backless booster for shorter trips when we need 3 across the back.

Suzibeck

My older 3 were all in high back boosters at 7. Size matters to me in that I want them to be at least 40# before moving to a booster. My 6 yo is only 35ish right now and still mostly harnessed. She does take an occasional short ride in her SS Turbo though. Once she is 40# she will move to a high back booster almost full time. I will still harness her for long (3+ hour) trips until she outgrows the harness on her ProSport.

CaseyRN

DD1 is 7, petite. She rides in high back boosters in all cars at the moment. Debating on when to move to backless.....she is short so she could fit in HBB forever I think but her friends are all in backless so we are trying to decide when to make that switch. And this mama is nervous bc the HBB just seems safer to me!

tiggercat

My girlie was in a HBB at 7 (still is at almost 9). She occasionally rides in a backless but we both prefer her in a high back. Size mattered in a way, because she was too big to harness in all available seats up here around 6yo. Otherwise, I might have kept her harnessed a bit longer.

canadiangie

I have a 49 pound 6.5 yo, and a 52 pound almost 8 yo and both ride in a hbb 2013 PWSGL (my vehicle) or hbb PWSGL (dh's vehicle) or hbb TB in grandma's vehicle. If they go with friends they use a Harmony backless. They stayed harnessed until 6 and over 40 pounds -- like into the 43/44 pound range.

melniemi

Fr85 harnessed. 46", 45# but can't sleep in a booster. We've tried twice. We drive a lot and she falls asleep a lot so harnessed it is.

aeormsby

I voted HBB...

With both kids we moved to HBB full time right around when they turned 6. DD started using both a HBB & NBB occasionally when she was 5. For DS I only picked up a NBB for him after he turned 6.

DD is 8 and I just switched her PW to backless in our main vehicle, partly because with the headrest where it is now the seatbelt doesn't move as smoothly. She'll be in a HBB for the foreseeable future in our truck due to minimal headrests in the vehicle. Although I guess both kids (6 & 8) are in NBB in our new vehicle, although I'd put a HBB in for DS at least if we're going anywhere farther than an hour away.

Size-wise, both were over 40lb by the time they moved to HBB's. DD is currently almost 60lb and DS is around 45lb I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC