6 pound noob in Graco needs help

julia94115

A mom in my mom's group just posted this-
Our newborn is barely 6 pounds and super tiny. She's so small for the graco car seat we have. We have the infant insert but the belt is still cutting into her neck. Any tips on how to fit it right? So she's safe and not having the belt cut in.

How can I respond best to help her out?

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'd ask for what seat she is using (the DOM is helpful too) and a pic of baby in the seat. But asking that, you need to be willing/able to continue to help, direct her to a tech (or to here), or flat out tell her if it's beyond your scope of knowledge. You can't just ask for the info and then leave her hanging if you don't know what's going on.

Once I had the info, the easiest thing is to look up the manual for the seat and if you see there is something different she could/should be doing, directing her to the manual pages to read those sections herself.

julia94115

I did ask her earlier what seat it is she has and am waiting to hear back.

Ok- will post hear when I get more info.

Thanks!

DMS721

My 6 lb did not fit in his Graco seat even though it was rated to 5lbs. My 5 pounder fit even worse! If I have a third I will need a seat that better fits tiny babies. Mine was a snug ride infant seat. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC