Dd has suddenly gained weight!

jdchic3

So last night I was using the restroom and as usual DD comes in to bother me. She really enjoys standing on the scale and 'watching the numbers,' which makes it really easy for me to keep up on how much she weighs.

Well, she hadn't done it for a while until last night, maybe a couple of weeks. She has been pretty steady at 27.6 lbs for quite some time but last night, with no shoes mind you, she was 29.2 lbs! :eek: I just can't believe she's gained so much recently. I know it's not even quite 2 lbs, but she's always been a very slow gainer. Anyway, my point is that at this rate we might not even make it RF until she's three! Hopefully she's just had a spurt of something and won't gain any more fr a while. (Crosses fingers) ;)

ADS

andbabiesmake4

We had the exact same experience this morning lol Our oldest jumped on the scale and he'd gained 2lbs.. he never gains weight that fast! Guess I better change my siggy ;)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Evan did that a little while too, it was like 1.5# after 8 mos of nothing. He's about 26# now and 3 in 2 mos. :)

Jordynsmama

Well in one month dd grew 1.5 inches. And one whole shoe size and a half in like 2 months!!! She went from a 10 to an 11.5. Crazy how they grow overnight.

katiesmommy

Aw, sad. Katy's been on a growth pattern of gaining about 2lbs every 6 months, I can't imagine what I'd do if I woke up one morning and she had gained almost 2lbs in a matter of a couple weeks. Sorry, I'll cross my fingers that she makes it to three.

bellymama

I'm so envious of you parents of "normal" sized children....I highly doubt I'll ever have a child RF'ing past 2!! (my son was 16 months when he hit 30 lbs.) Right now, I'm just praying I can keep him in a harness until he's 3!!

Here's hoping this was just a spurt, and she'll slow down again for a bit! :)

Jordynsmama

I'm so envious of you parents of "normal" sized children....I highly doubt I'll ever have a child RF'ing past 2!! (my son was 16 months when he hit 30 lbs.) Right now, I'm just praying I can keep him in a harness until he's 3!!

My dd was big-she was 20lbs at 6 months, 27 lbs at her 18 month checkup(looking in her baby book) and 35lbs at 2yrs 8 months.

And now at 5 she is 47. She has always been in the 95-99 percentile.

andbabiesmake4

Oh.. I hear you!! We can't rearface as long here in Canada so DS2 has been FF since 1 year old... he was 30lbs @ his 12mth check up... And that was slowing down because he was 21lbs @ his 4mth check up... :love:'s his mommy's milk!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC