Diono or foonf - Canada

mommato4boys

I drive a 2012 Durango (bench middle row). I have a 3 1/2 year old In a radian rxt and a 7 month old that is ready for a convertible car seat. I need the two car seats to be in the middle and drivers side so we can access third row (I have 2 other kids not in car seats ). What is the best seat for me I have been looking at the clerk foonf or the radian .. Actually hoping I can hold out for the rainier if I don't go for the foonf.

ADS

Mary_Ann

Hi! I know nothing about your car, but I have a foonf and 2 Radians.

I really like my Foonf for ease of use and simply because it is a gorgeous seat! I like the radian for his low profile and narrow footprint.

The Radians puzzle really well when they are in opposite directions (1 rear facing and 1 forward facing).

A forward facing radian and a RF foonf puzzle OK too.

canadiangie

Hi again :)

Since your oldest is forward facing I would probably look at a forward facing only seat that later converts to a decent booster seat. The Graco Nautilus, Britax Pioneer, Britax Frontier CT should all work nicely to keep your 3.5 yo in a 5 point harness until be is booster ready. Most families are quite happy with the Nautilus in booster mode, whereas not all families seem to like the Pioneer and Frontier CT as boosters. For that reason I might lean towards a Nautilus.

The other option would be to grab an Evenflo SureRide and use it forward facing until it is outgrown (age 6+), and then buy a separate booster. The SureRide is about $130 so super cost effective.

Or, you could look at a Radian or Foonf. Radian would last longer I believe, and it's lower profile for easy loading/unloading of the child.

desiree_leigh

The Foonf's REACT technology for forward facing is pretty amazing. It essentially has a built in "crumple zone" that in a crash will absorb some of the energy of the crash, preventing that energy from being transferred to the child. I got to see the "guts" of this technology the other day and hear it explained by a clek rep at a baby store, so it's fresh in my head and pretty interesting. Plus - rigid LATCh/UAS is pretty sweet :) just my 2 cents!

jacqui276

The Foonf's REACT technology for forward facing is pretty amazing. It essentially has a built in "crumple zone" that in a crash will absorb some of the energy of the crash, preventing that energy from being transferred to the child. I got to see the "guts" of this technology the other day and hear it explained by a clek rep at a baby store, so it's fresh in my head and pretty interesting. Plus - rigid LATCh/UAS is pretty sweet :) just my 2 cents!

The only downside is that for a child who exceeds the latch limit, you still need to do a seatbelt install so in that case the rigid latch isn't useful.

Clek CPST

The only downside is that for a child who exceeds the latch limit, you still need to do a seatbelt install so in that case the rigid latch isn't useful.

For kids who are over the lower anchor weight limit, we recommend using both UAS and the vehicle belt (unless the vehicle manufacturer explicitly prohibits it.) This maintains the ease of getting a tight installation. We can allow the use of both UAS and the vehicle belt with the Foonf in forward-facing mode because of the rigid UAS - they're independent of the belt path, so the vehicle belt and lower anchors don't interfere with each other.

smackeen

Hi again :)

Since your oldest is forward facing I would probably look at a forward facing only seat that later converts to a decent booster seat. The Graco Nautilus, Britax Pioneer, Britax Frontier CT should all work nicely to keep your 3.5 yo in a 5 point harness until be is booster ready. Most families are quite happy with the Nautilus in booster mode, whereas not all families seem to like the Pioneer and Frontier CT as boosters. For that reason I might lean towards a Nautilus.

The other option would be to grab an Evenflo SureRide and use it forward facing until it is outgrown (age 6+), and then buy a separate booster. The SureRide is about $130 so super cost effective.

Or, you could look at a Radian or Foonf. Radian would last longer I believe, and it's lower profile for easy loading/unloading of the child.

Will these puzzle together to allow the to fit in middle and driver side of the bench?

canadiangie

Will these puzzle together to allow the to fit in middle and driver side of the bench?

The Radian installs nicely in the 2nd row middle seat, and the remaining portion of the 60 is a decent size. My experience is that an Graco SR35 and Evenflo Bolero fit side by side on the 60, and then like I said, I know a Radian installs nicely in the middle all on its own.

Basically, yes, a rf Radian middle, with a wider ff seat beside it should be fine, and allow the 40 to tumble.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC