Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member lpperry's Avatar

finding Keen on sale

Where do you find Keen sandals on sale? I want to get some for the kids this summer. I need sizes 6, 8, and 10. or 7, 9, and 11. It depends on how the sandals fit.

I can only find them for $40 at the cheapest and was hoping to find them closer to $35 or $30. Is there somewhere I should be looking?

Oliver (5 years) ff Radian RXT, Claudia (3 1/2 years) rf Radian RXT, Avery (2 years months) rf Coccoro, Vivian (3-14) rf Coccoro, Madeline (9) Literider,

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: finding Keen on sale

Have you tried 6PM?
    DS1&2: Driving, DS3: 5 Stepping, DS4: 12/09 Parkway SGL

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    They pop up on Zulily now and then. You can set alerts for your favorite brands. (Apologies if you are somewhere w/o Zulily access).

*posted using the car-seat.org app*
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

They dont' have them on either site. I can only find girl ones from Amazon for $40. I think I'll get those for Claudia and keep looking for Oliver. $40 is sounding good now, because most of them are $45 or $50.

Oliver (5 years) ff Radian RXT, Claudia (3 1/2 years) rf Radian RXT, Avery (2 years months) rf Coccoro, Vivian (3-14) rf Coccoro, Madeline (9) Literider,

I was also going to suggest Zulily. That is where I stocked up on them a couple of years ago. Nour finally fits into the size 11's I bought!

Olly Shoes has them too IIRC.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

You can get them at Stride Rite in store for buy one get one half price when they have the sale going on which seems fairly frequently. I forget now what that makes them. It's been a couple of years since I got them there.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    You can get them at Stride Rite in store for buy one get one half price when they have the sale going on which seems fairly frequently. I forget now what that makes them. It's been a couple of years since I got them there.
    I have never seen Keen at Stride Rite. I know they carry Sperry and Keds- are you sure they carry Keen?

CCO 4/15

Senior Community Member

REI also puts a couple of colors of the newports on sale every year, usually it is a little later in May. The toddler sizes are usually $24-$29. Other than that I just keep my eye on Zulilly, 6pm and Amazon.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

Shoebuy.com has a wide selection of them in kids sizes. $39.96 with the 20% off code right now, plus another 6% back from Ebates. If that helps.

http://www.shoebuy.com/keen-newport-...-_-none-_-none

Also, this one is on sale, and in some of the sizes you need:

http://www.shoebuy.com/keen-whisper/436698/1245757

http://www.shoebuy.com/keen-whisper/436698/1090244

http://www.shoebuy.com/keen-whisper/695331/1426042

http://www.shoebuy.com/keen-whisper/695331/1426041
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Thanks! I had never heard of Shoebuy. I was going to get Newports, but I am sure the Whisper would be fine too. They have a cute pair on sale that I could get for Claudia.

I guess I better go out with the kids tonight to try some on somewhere so we know what size to order.

CPS Fanatic

Doesn't help you now but at the end of the summer you can often get them for $20 at REI (for kids). I try to make my best guess and buy a year ahead.

The kids tried shoes on, picked out the colors they wanted and I went to order from Shoebuy with the 20% off promotion. Once in my cart, it wouldn't apply promotion. I called and some brands don't participate and they said there is no way of knowing until you put them in your cart and apply promotion.

Back to searching. I am mad!

CPS Technician

Keens can be tough to find on sale, but the others had great suggestions. I love my Keens, but I bought a pair for my son last year and he hated them. Will not wear them at all. Don't know why. But both of my kids will wear Timberland sandals (they have one that's great for water and the toes aren't open-no toe cap, but the toes are mostly covered). I got their pairs this year for $26 on Amazon (not picky about colors). Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who likes that type of sandal w/the covered toes. Teva also has a nice one this year w/a rubber toe cap.
    henrietta
    former CPST & Mom extraordinaire of 2 rowdy little boys & 1 spunky girl toddler, among hundreds of other skills!
    #1, age 9.5, Harmony Literider or Transit backless booster, occasional Safety First Incognito
    #2, age 6.5, Cybex Xfit booster/Harmony folding travel booster/Evenflo hbb
    #3 age 15 months, Britax Advocate CT/Combi Cocorro

Not Keen brand, but I got these Northside ones from Amazon this week for my daughter. I am really happy with them. Side by side with my brand new Keens I just got at Nordstrom Rack, I can't see any difference in quality (keeping in mind both are brand new so they haven't passed the wear-and-tear test).

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H2K7JM/"]Amazon.com: Northside Burke II Athletic Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid): Shoes[/ame]

They're around $25/pair and I had an Amazon Mom coupon in my email that took another 25% off that. Available in a wide variety of colors. I got pink.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65